Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whoa! Look at these!

Started by Santa Fe buff, May 01, 2008, 03:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

I would if I could see it without straining my eyes.  Obviously an amateur, using black background and dark blue links. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

Well, they were in better shape, but you know, old diagrams...
Broken.
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

I believe Bob was referring to the index page - maybe it's only us old guys but I too was unable to read the blue links on a black background.

The diagrams are fine the colour they are.  But showing them larger (much larger?) so that we could read the words and numbers would make them usable. 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Santa Fe buff

I hope someone makes another copy in black in white for easier reading...
But I don't think no one has the time nor money to waste on that. But I think a few would do it. ;)
- Joshua Bauer

pdlethbridge

I use firefox and I was able to save and view the files at a reasonable level

Santa Fe buff

Good, You might be able to enlarge them and improve the quality.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Paul, I have blue print copies for a B15-b, however 18x36 is a little too hard to scan...
Alex

Paul M.

Quote from: Guilford Guy on May 02, 2008, 09:17:24 PM
Paul, I have blue print copies for a B15-b, however 18x36 is a little too hard to scan...

Were those the ones you got on eBay?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

pdlethbridge

Will your scanner take a 9 x 12? Do it a section at a time

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

ebtnut

FWIW, what you have are what is referred to as folio diagrams.  These were done for distribution to the various shop supers along the road to give them basic information on the various classes of locomotives in case repairs were needed.  They may or not be drawn to any particular scale, and should generally not be used as a plan for building a model.  You can, if there are sufficient dimensions on the drawing along with some other data and prototype photos, come up with a reasonable plan that can be the basis of a decent model.  The more desirable is an erecting drawing, which normally is drawn to scale and usually shows in detail what goes where.

Santa Fe buff

That website was wrong then, they said they were locomotive to scale diagrams.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

I just remembered, my Dad's friend gave me original, vinyl or linoleum, or something, blue prints of a D&H 2-8-0, and observation car. The 2-8-0 is framed in the living room.
Alex

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer