New idea, post your favorite pictures!

Started by Santa Fe buff, May 02, 2008, 08:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

I love to see train pictures, I could stare at them, I encourage everyone intrested to post their favorite pictures of anything trains on this thread. Anything trains or similar. Kinda like making a photo gallery with what you bachmann people like... I thought it was an intresting topic.
- Joshua Bauer

Santa Fe buff

I didn't take any of these photos. You can leave a link or a picture itself.

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

Here's some of my faves that I took:

Edit: I decided to add some more than just the one I originally posted.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Guilford Guy

Alex

kevin2083

WOW! some great shots!

here's some of my favorites

part of a hopper-still connected

BN 1/2

Nicely restored SD9

Over the river and through the woods... HMCR 8933

Colorful power over the Paint Rock River

And last, the subject of my Eagle project

______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Santa Fe buff

I like Kevin's BN's rail truck, and how GG renacted the passenger crash.
- Joshua Bauer

scottychaos

Santa Fe buff

Is it okay to save a picture from the internet into my pictures then browse it up here?
:D Don't worry, lets just not post anylink anymore, although it is still an option.
- Joshua Bauer

scottychaos

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on May 05, 2008, 03:11:28 PM
Is it okay to save a picture from the internet into my pictures then browse it up here?
:D Don't worry, lets just not post anylink anymore, although it is still an option.

no..its not..that is also theft.
you are taking a photo that is not yours to take.

If there is a photo, that isnt yours, on a webpage that isnt yours,
it IS ok to simply post the link to the page the photo is on..but not to embed the photo into the message..

like this:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=198365&nseq=0

that way, people click on the link and go to the actual, complete webpage the photo is on..which is good for RP.net because all their advertising shows up..
they can make money that way, not lose money..

yes I know advertising is annoying..but many of these railfan photo sites couldnt exist without it..advertising is a necessary evil..
but when you hotlink a photo into a thread..like a few RP.net images above, you bypass that advertising and deny the hosting website any revenue..
you are only stealing bandwidth from them, and giving them nothing in return..

you should only imbed a photo into a message if its YOUR photo, that you took, and if its hosted on your own webpage, that you pay for, or if its hosted on one of the photo hosting sites that does specifically allow hotlinking, like photobucket or imageshack or sites like that.

it is not ok to copy a photo that is not yours and upload it to photobucket or anywhere else..

Scot

thirdrail

Nothing illegal about posting your own photographs - that you personally took and personally posted to the 'net. How about these?

There are 498 more on the net, as many yet to be posted, and some are in color.

thirdrail

Santa Fe buff

Hows these:
:D :D :D Click on it to see it better.

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Joshua Bauer