News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Happy Train Day!

Started by PRRThomas11, May 10, 2008, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRRThomas11

I went to Penn Station and was there all day 10-3. Was anyone else there?
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

Conrail Quality

I was at Union Station (D.C.), and it was much more crowded then I expected. They were offering tours of an HHP-8, and the line was longer than many boarding lines for trains to New York. Northern Virginia N-Trak had an excellent layout set up as well. Overall, it was a fun event.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Cody J

I know this year was the First National Train Day but will this be an annual thing?  Will there be one next year if not I will be VERY Mad!!!

-Cody L. Jackson
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

Santa Fe buff

Well me and cody have something in common,
We want to go next year.
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

Quote from: Guilford Guy on May 10, 2008, 06:36:59 PM
It's an S4, I left a note on the side of it, as well as on the excavator door, asking for the builder's plate, horn, and bell.

How did that go? :-\

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Guilford Guy

They were unsure about the bell, but said the builders plate and horn were gone. I asked them if I could have part of the control stand and they said possibly.
Alex

Cody J

If there is National Train Day next year Ill see if my mom will take me to the one in Cincinnati but only if the idea I have about hosting one myself doesnt work.

-Cody L. Jackson

Go National Train Day
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

Santa Fe buff

Chicago is for me, even then, it's the closest, but it is still pretty far.
;) As dissapointing as it is not to be at the first one, I'll try for the second time, but you know what they say,
Third time's the charm.
- Joshua Bauer

john tricarico

i did not get a chance to get to PENN STATION yesterday
how ever from what i read online from amtrak
was there was going to be a show with the harlem globetrotters
and a model train display

prr thomas   lets hear how it was

good luck  john t  brooklyn ny

PRRThomas11

Penn Station was great. I loved the layout there. Being an N scaler I Thought it was really cool. It was made by the New Jersey Southern nTrak club. Amtrak also had some computers set up to play train simulator which was fun. They had some nice sweepstakes prizes too. The first three were Acela tickets and tickets for Young Frankenstein on broadway. The grand prize was an Amtrak vacation to Vancouver and back. The railroad photographer John Acursco there who had an exhibit with some of his photos and he was signing free prints. One of the best parts of the whole thing was that it was completely free. When you entered the contest you got a bag with a t-shirt, poster, bumper sticker, pencil, and some other things. They had a section for kids and they got engineer hats and whistles. Lot brochures there to from all different tourist railroads and companies. The Globetrotters were great too. They had a basketball hoop and little court set up to play on. They couldn't have the main Globetrotters there because they were on tour but they had 5 of them and Curly Neal there! They did a routine, let the crowd ask questions then signed autographs. When they left you could shoot a basketball to win a free t-shirt so I played basketball in Madison Square Garden. The whole event was a great time for all and I highly recommend going next year. I assume it will be on May 9 to keep it on a Saturday. I had a lot of fun. The best part was I got to ride the train straight there. ;)
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Guilford Guy

I'm going back to the G&U tomorrow. The S4 has been pretty much harvested by railfans... I want to see if they'll give me the rear door, and the horn, and possibly the headlight, off the 44 tonner, which shall also meet its fate this week.
Alex

Paul M.

Quote from: Guilford Guy on May 12, 2008, 07:15:54 PM
I'm going back to the G&U tomorrow. The S4 has been pretty much harvested by railfans... I want to see if they'll give me the rear door, and the horn, and possibly the headlight, off the 44 tonner, which shall also meet its fate this week.

Oh, why do they have to do this....

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Conrail Quality

It's progress, Paul. Progress is worth anything...
:'(

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Guilford Guy

I asked the price on the flanger, they said 2000$... I don't have the money but wish I did. the 44 Tonner was 20 grand, and S4 was never for sale...
Alex