News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Quell the Rumors?

Started by calenelson, May 12, 2008, 09:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

Hey Bach-man can you offer any response to the suggestions posted by Durango Dan at http://120pointme.blogspot.com/ that a High Side Gon and the Long Caboose are coming our way?  and to quote directly...

"Following the above, the next question of course is, 'what else?'"

I'll vote for an Eastern Outline-anything!  with Simplified Electronics, please!

thanks
cale

Cascade Northern

Here is a easy way to end rumors:  "Don't spread them or pay attention to them".  If you stop paying any attention to them, they die.  If you stop spreading them, well, they die.  I will believe pretty much anything once I see it.  Until then, it is just pointless gossip.

calenelson

glennk28

AMS already has the high-side gon--how about the "National Dump Car"--the drop-bottom gondola.  There were two types on the Grande---in the 700- and 800- series. 

Chastity

Inglosby dump car!

American Hoist Derrick!

the Bach-man

Dear Cale,
Always entertaining...
What happened to the U-50?
; )
the Bach-man

calenelson

Quote from: the Bach-man on May 13, 2008, 12:01:36 AM
Dear Cale,
Always entertaining...
What happened to the U-50?
; )
the Bach-man

U-50...Not sure, but that idea began here (on or near 4-1-8)....Durango Dan (or whoever he is) at 1 to 20 point me has been spot on with the majority of his reporting, Especially the Bachmann news.... again,...the reason I came here to ask.

the Bach-man

Dear Cale,
As always, I will post official announcements here as soon as I'm cleared to do so. Why would I scoop myself by responding to "rumors and gossip"?
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

calenelson

good enough, never hurts to ask?!

cale

vic

I sure hope that if a new dismal is in the works, that its an SP Little Giant, and not a SP U-50  ::)

..then again a WP&Y class 90 would be nice too...

Spule 4

Cale et al:

Take a lookie here, top right corner, no rumor at least on the gondola? ???

http://www.staubintrains.com/trainshop/images/flip_ad/page/10.pdf

Garrett

calenelson

Quote from: Spule 4 on May 21, 2008, 08:00:44 PM
Cale et al:

Take a lookie here, top right corner, no rumor at least on the gondola? ???

http://www.staubintrains.com/trainshop/images/flip_ad/page/10.pdf

totally the reason I asked for a response here! To allow Bachmann a chance to un-scoop what St. Aubins had scooped?

oh well, guess they'll announce something soon enough?

Jon D. Miller

Does all of this really make a difference?

They'll arrive when they get here.

Also, notice in their ad they have the K-27 snow plow, dog house, road pilot, and yard pilot.

None of this "new" stuff will be available for sometime. 

I have a standing order with my dealer for any new 1:20.3 offerings. I don't get too excited about when the items may arrive. I'll run what is on the roster and will be surprised when the new "stuff" get here.

If Bachmann gave a date certain for any new item or delivery what difference would that make?  Waste of time on Bachmann's part.

But what the heck, it does give some folks something to post about here and on other fora.  Great entertainment for some. 8)

JD

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Spule 4

Quote from: Jon D. Miller on May 22, 2008, 11:12:47 AM

But what the heck, it does give some folks something to post about here and on other fora.  Great entertainment for some. 8)

JD

JD

But the way of the world for most others, including Bachmann Europe (Liliput).   

Case in point, from the first discussion in the European press and confirmation......how long did we wait for the Uh/498. locomotives?  And they have made the new Zillertalbahn narrow gauge diesel (L142120) release well known for over 18 months, and it is not "due" until the fall.

With the Europeans, it is nice to know in advance what to save up for, not to buy the brass vesion of, kitbash, etc.    ....but not so nice when the dollar sinks between comitment and time to pay....:(
Garrett

calenelson

Must'a found the Leak(er)...Dan hasn't posted in nearly a month?