News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Amfleet II's

Started by Conrail Quality, May 15, 2008, 09:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrail Quality

Since Bachmann seems to be at a loss for what rolling stock to produce in N-scale, what about some Amfleet II's? Amfleet II's have never been done in N before, and probably never will in the near future, since Walthers seems totaly uninterested in N, and Kato is unlikely to produce anything that runs east of the Missisippi. Another plus for Bachmann is that tooling Amfleet II's would cost less than tooling an entirely new model, since Bachmann could reuse the underframe and trucks from the Amfleet I's. This is a great operatunity for Bachmann (and N-scale overall) to get a whole new model for less than the cost of tooling one from the underframe up.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

the Bach-man

Dear Timothy,
I'll pass along your suggestion.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

airferber

Also, dont forget about producing knuckle couplers for the amfleets.

-Aaron

cfquinlan

Bach Man,

I would also like to insert here that there would be a lot of people interested in Amfleet IIs and knuckle couple conversions for the Amfleet Is. 

On the later, there is a lot of conversation across the web and hobby about what great cars these are, but its difficult to put couplers on them that most serious people in the hobby use.  Thanks for listening!

Chris