News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Micro Mark Grain-of-rice lamps and C&O 4-8-2

Started by Jake, February 28, 2007, 05:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Are the head and backup lights on the C&O 4-8-2 #543 pure white or amber? If they are white i would like to put some Micro Mark DCC friendly Grain-of-rice amber lamps in them, Has anyone Had any experience with this? Replies will be greatly appreciated!  ;D
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Bill Baker

Good question Mark.  I haven't done so, but it seems a good idea.  Also, if anyone responds, I would like to know what size bulb to replace the original with.
Bill

Virginian

My Spectrum 4-8-2 Heavy has an LED, not a bulb.  It was blue, and I changed it to a yellow-white.
"What could have happened... did."

Bill Baker

Virginian,

Was soldering the LED in a problem?

Bill
Bill

Jake

Quote from: Virginian on March 01, 2007, 12:12:46 PM
My Spectrum 4-8-2 Heavy has an LED, not a bulb.  It was blue, and I changed it to a yellow-white.

Are yoyu serious?! A BLUE LED?!? (I'm sorry Bachmann Industries but blue headlights that didn't exist i one of my Pet Peves) I'm definately changing it now. Maybe i'll look around radio shack for an LED than, do LED'a have to be DCC friendly or not? I know bulbs do.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Rich R

I think he means a bright white LED that is so bright it appears to be blue tinted. Sort of like the headlamps in some cars today? So bright that if not aimed right will melt the bumper off your car.

Best Rich R

rikc9

Quote from: Virginian on March 01, 2007, 12:12:46 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I have a HO Spectrum 4-4-0 and I want to replace the LED headlight. I installed a DCC/sound decoder because the loco did not have sound. I did not realize the headlight was an LED and it blew out when I powered up the loco. The LED leads come out the back of the headlight, take a 90 degree bend downward and plug into the top of the smoke box. No doubt there are electrical connections inside the smoke box. With the new LED, I cannot make contact anymore. Any idea on how to remove the smoke box front? I cannot get any response to this question so far.
It is very frustrating as someone must have had to access the inside of the smoke box.
I am hoping your 4-8-2 headlight might be similar to mine.
Thanks.

rikc9