News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Sound in Davenport

Started by smokinporter, May 17, 2008, 03:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokinporter

Hi All
Been On vacation for about a month and just now getting back on line.
Glad to see all the intrest in sound for the side rod.
Ths one is for Amtore,  yes there is a notch in the cab, I put mine in the front about 1/8 "C" channel, fits between the front windows  made  out of styrene, than I put a single chime horn on it, works very well hiding the notch.
Wish I could figure out how to put some pictures here, if I could I would post them. As I think if you all seen them you would have whole fleet of side rods .
I hope this helps for those who want to dive in right away.

Have fun,
Smokinporter :)

0n30nutz

You will have to make sure bith decoders are programmed to the same address. You may also want to do some fine tunir of on or the other, maybe both. The Sounder does have a list of CV's and what can be programmed. The BMann decoder shuld have a sheet on the website...

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

amatore

There are two plastic tabs that slide off for the power leads. These are on the lieft side (fireman's side). Just solder the corresponding leads from the MRC Sounder and you're in business. Much easier than I thought.

br549

Quote from: smokinporter on May 25, 2008, 08:24:07 PM
Hi All,
I did more research on the diesel engine used in the Davenport, it was a Caterpillar D-17000 and even found a sound file.
Have fun,
Wes :)
Really!? And they call it a "Gas Mechanical"  There is a lot of difference in gasoline engines and Diesel non aspirated engines not to mention the fuel and the way the engine sounds to boot. This new information will give me a better sounding DSD then the SndTrx goose rail bus  (Gasoline engine) unit that I now use that hasnt worked right from day one.  Very low  volume & sound quality has been the problem I have had with the soundtraxx DSD (090?) my gas mech presently has. Looks like a  conversion job is in my future.
Thanks for the heads up! ;)

amatore

I posted a few photos at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/On30conspiracy. Look for "Sound in a Davenport".

I'd post them here if I could figure out how.

amatore

Try this link for some photos.

[url][http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/On30conspiracy/photos/browse/989b/url]

0n30nutz

Amatore,
  For posting photos on this site, join Photobucket, a web based photo storage site. Once you upload any photos you want, you can download them virtually anywhere..I find the easiest way to do it here is to find the photo, right click on the choice of downloading options that starts with img, copy it, then paste it to your message or posting here.. ;D
  Doesn't get much easier, even I figured it out... :o

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...