News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Aint it about time

Started by Dusten Barefoot, May 21, 2008, 09:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

Aint it about time we got a ET&WNC 4-6-0 ;)
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Congre

The Old Fardt

I think there is more interest in a Heisler before any other engine. Still, only Bachmann will make what they believe will sell as they are in the business of making $$$..  I'm pretty sure if someone wants to invest the money to make any specific engine, they will listen. I for one, don't have the bucks to take that on...

Hoping everyone will get what they want, but truely, it ain't going to happen very soon....

I'm very happy with what I have now and that will have to do.  :)

Cheers,  TOF

max (uk)

I want a Hiesler. Like west side lumbers no2.

LurchBird

what about putting an O scale cab on the new HO 4-6-0?  What other details would need to be changed?  Steps, ladders?

Mark

ebtnut

FWIW, Train and Trooper was displaying a pilot model of the Tweetsie
4-6-0 in HOn3 at the Kimberton n.g. meet last weekend.  It's brass, and the list will be about $700.00.

Royce Wilson

That was the most beautiful narrow gauge engine made!

Royce Wilson ::)

C.S.R.R. Manager

The HO 4-6-0 is very small.  I know, I bought one on Ebay with the idea of making it into an On30 loco.  I do think the mechanism would fit under the On30 4-4-0, making it a 4-6-0, but that's a lot to invest in a small loco.  A larger boiler like the one on the mogul is way oversized for the HO 4-6-0 mechanism.

I do like the idea of an On30 10-wheeler, but there are lots of options other than the rather large Tweetsie version.  And haven't we discussed this several times already?

mmiller

unfortunately, I doubt we'll see another Bachammn loco's that based on a 3', non-logging, non-industrial prototype...

:'(
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

The Old Fardt

:)  Lookee at the cute little engines in latest May/June Narrow Gauge Gazette.  Darjeeling Himalayan Railway and what a layout that would be if one was creative enough to built it in miniature, say On30  :) Now I could make room for a couple of those nifty engines ...

Cheers, TOF

Dusten Barefoot

Let's just hope we get what we want. I would like to see a Heisler, but would love to see a Late Hobb's ET&WNC 4-6-0. Yes the ET&WNC is a big BEAUTY. No one really wants a small compact little sucker. At least I don't, shoot if you want a small little thing, just take the body off of one of the Ma & Pa HO 4-6-0 and try to fit a mogule shell on, if that is still to big try the 4-4-0. Just some tips
Rock On & Live Strong!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

C.S.R.R. Manager

I hope you're wrong, Mike, since I would personally like to see more 3', larger rod locos from Bachmann.  Then again, I've got a pretty good roster of locos and rolling stock already, so maybe it's time to start working on a layout.  My wife has been telling me that the trains need a good place to run, and I can't argue with that.

It would be cool if this board could do polls, so we could vote for our favorite choice for the next Bachmann loco.  But I also expect that the locos have already been picked for '08 and maybe '09, so it's all academic, in the short-term anyway.

drgw268

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot(The Rocker) on May 24, 2008, 10:30:24 AMNo one really wants a small compact little sucker.

No, unfortunately, I think most On30 modelers prefer equipment to pull 10 foot boxcars around 15 inch radius curves.

I'm holding out for a sub-$200 (street price) On30 K27/K28 from Bachmann, but I doubt we ever get one.

mmiller

Quote from: drgw268 on May 24, 2008, 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: Dusten Barefoot(The Rocker) on May 24, 2008, 10:30:24 AMNo one really wants a small compact little sucker.

No, unfortunately, I think most On30 modelers prefer equipment to pull 10 foot boxcars around 15 inch radius curves.

I'm not sure about most, but the most vocal ones sure do...  :-\
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge