News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 90 degree crossing # 44541

Started by John Honeck Sr, May 22, 2008, 06:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Honeck Sr

In the Bachmann 2008 catalog on page 87 item # 44541 shows a 90 degree crossing with a center hub and 4 pcs of straight track. I guess the straight sections are 2.00" long. Going to a couple of hobby store web sites they show this crossing as one piece contsruction the same # 44541. What form of this crossing is right?

hgcHO

I ordered it from a hobby store [April, 2008] and I got the 90 degree and the four straight track.  My response would be '90 and 4 straight'.

HGC

John Honeck Sr

Thnak You, was the straight tracks 2" or 2-1/4" long?

Jhanecker2

The original crossing was a one piece construction but  was been changed to a 90 degree hub & four short straights.

Hunt

Quote from: John Honeck Sr on May 22, 2008, 07:36:21 PM
... the straight tracks 2" or 2-1/4" long?
The 90-degree Crossing (Item No. 44541) was a single larger piece into  2004 when it was changed to a shorter 90-degree Crossing with four straights.

The four straights included are 2" long. The 2" straights currently are available only with the 90-degree Crossing.

Joe Satnik

Those 2" straights are critical for HO EZ-Track layout building.   Just try to make a double ended siding without them.  Bachmann should make them available separate sale (without the short 90 degree crossing). 

FT2"S
(Free the 2" straights!)

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Guilford Guy

Alex

Joe Satnik

Dear GG,

LOL. . . excellent response.   Perhaps the Bachman will forward it to H. Lee...

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Yampa Bob

Perhaps the change was made for more economical and convenient packaging. Anyway, just buy another crossing and use the 2" pieces, the  "X" can be used somewhere else. Or saw 1/4" off a 2-1/4" piece. 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jhanecker2

I  think the newer style 90 dergree crossings make it much easier to make up crossings for multiple line tracks allowing a much closer centerline to centerline track spacing . Atlas gives gives a lot of information in their books on track Layouts , hopefully the new Bachmann Book will be as informative .