News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How about this in On30?

Started by Jeff in NJ, February 28, 2007, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff in NJ

Maybe not as a Disney loco, but the same style loco...

Freshwater Models

Jeff,

I love that loco and think it would be a great seller as would a similar 4-4-0 but I was told by a Bachmann representative that since they already had a 2-6-0 it would be unlikely they would do another.   I think another mogul with a bit better "build quality" would be a great seller and the loco you pictured would be great!

Jack Mc Kie
Freshwater Models
Jack Mc Kie

Freshwater Models

Craftsman Kits - Bachmann Trains - NCE DCC - And More

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

As many of you know,  I am still hoping for the day that Bachmann or somebody does an EBT mike,  but,  on the smaller side,   I would love to see someone do a 2-6-2 either in a tank engine or with tender ala EBT 11
       I realize that Backwoods does a retrofit for the Bachmann 0-6-0 tank engine,  but the driver size on the HO engine is a bit on the small size for my liking.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa.
GATSME MRRC - Narrow gauge chairman
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

kenruof

While we are discussing engines, how about the SR&RL #24 a OF 2-6-2 . Even though it is a 2' gauge engine it would still go well in On30 and B-nam's cars.

Ken

Woody Elmore

Ken - I have been a SRRL engine #24 fan for a long time - it is a well proportioned little "prairie" type engine. It has been done in brass.

I don't think a model of this engine would be able to run on 18 inch radius curves. If I remember correctly, the rear axle is inside the frame and that would really limit the engine to larger radii curves.

japasha

What might be a better option for an On30 prarie would be Eureka-Nevada #7 which is an inside frame Prarie.  It has a nice set of walsheart's valve gear, 36 inch drivers in a short wheelbase and is really a stock Baldwin unit.

Not a Maine proto but the bissells would be able to swing wide enough for an 18" radius. It cpould utilize the drive unit from the existing Mogul.

While I like the mogul origianlly illustrated on this thread, it would have some problems with radii under 24 inches due to the wheelbase.

On the other hand, a nice Hawaiian 0-6-2 plantation locomotive would be nice.

Dusten Barefoot

That would be great in On30, well yeah it might not take tight radiuses but it looks great and also looks very close to the E.T.&.W.N.C 2-6-0. Ill take 2
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten