News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Would you like to see a Spectrum 4-6-2!

Started by Guilford Guy, February 28, 2007, 11:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

I too would love to see a Southern RR Ps-4 made by Spectrum in HO.
       The P-1s were not USRA.... they were smaller than the USRA lights and older. The Ps-2s were very similar to the USRA lights.
         The Ps-4 was a somewhat heavy pacific. 47,500lbs tractive effort and 27X28 cylinders, 73inch drivers.    If anyone needs more information on SRR steam power I would be happy to give any information needed.
          A USRA heavy if made in HO could be made to look just like a Ps-4. The 14,000 tender and elesco FWH would also be a nice touch.
                   - Andrew

SteamGene

An old C&O engineer told me that C&O had a small class of Pacifics bought from the RF&P that could be bashed from a USRA heavy - class F-20, I think he said, as well as the F-17 class.  Bachmann already makes flying pumps and the 16V tender.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Orsonroy

Quote from: rogertra on March 01, 2007, 05:42:12 PM
[My personal wish would be for an IC branchline Pacific with low drivers, but that's a pretty obscure prototype. How about something that looks nothing like a USRA engine, that there were hundreds of, like a NYC K-3 or K-11?

Right idea, wrong prototype.  Anything NYC always screams out "NYC", something not as identifiable would be better.
[/quote]

OK; I vote for a NKP K-1!
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

Paul M.

Sure, a 4-6-2 would be great. Some ideas:

P-1 Passenger 4-6-2 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 701  Baldwin 4-1919
P-1 Passenger 4-6-2 700 702 703 704 705 706  Baldwin 1919
P-1a Passenger 4-6-2 707 708 709 710 711 712 713  A-Brooks 1919
P-1b Passenger 4-6-2 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721  A-Richmond 3-1923

8)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Paul M.

And some photos:

Any of the three above are fine with me. Heck, they're T&P; They gotta be good. ;D

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

hotrainlover

I could use "Harriman" style engine.  i do the UP, and GN...  Which is close enough!!

:D
Lee

Guilford Guy

The non-streamlined P1's could be easily adopted into other roads  ;D
Alex

HOplasserem80c

yeah how about a central railroad of new jersey one even though i have a pacific already. i just need to put the missouri pacific decals on

Hoople

I would like a pacific.
Espacially if it had SP or UP roadname.

I don't really care about whether or not it's USRA.

Even more, I would like a 2-8-2. 4-4-2s, they just look wierd to me.

But mostly, I want a 4-12-2... But BLI is covering that.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

BaltoOhioRRfan

I'd vote for a C&O Pacific...i got 3 B&O's already. I need a C&O one lettered in The George Washington and just a plain one.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

SteamGene

"I have..." 
George Washington lettering consisted of a name board displayed on the tender.  The locomotive may or may not have had stars and other decoration on the cylinder heads.  A heavy Pacific brought the DC section to Charlottesville while another Pacific brought the Penninsula section to mate there.  I assume that after the George got to Huntington, WVA, it had Pacifics once more. 

Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Matt Bumgarner

Yes, a Southern Ps-4, or even a P-1 would be magnificent.

However, I would like to see a "smaller" 2-8-0 version than the current Spectrum. It is much too large for many applications south of the Mason Dixon, including the K-class consolidations of the Southern.

Matt

Nigel

Quote from: rogertra on March 01, 2007, 05:42:12 PM
QuoteMy personal wish would be for an IC branchline Pacific with low drivers, but that's a pretty obscure prototype. How about something that looks nothing like a USRA engine, that there were hundreds of, like a NYC K-3 or K-11?

Right idea, wrong prototype.  Anything NYC always screams out "NYC", something not as identifiable would be better.

The NYC K11 does NOT scream NYC.  It is almost a generic Alco 4-6-2 of 1911-1914.  The N&W E2 Pacifics are very similar, as are other railroads.

Also:
The Rutland ........ light class were probably based on the New York Central's K11 class from:
http://railroad.union.rpi.edu/article.php?article=2591

Bowser already has a model of the NYC K11.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

Virginian

Look back over this thread.  If you were a manufacturer would you have a clue what Pacific to make, should you even decide to make one?  I wouldn't, other than maybe a Ps-4 in green and another unlettered in black.  I'm glad one is all I need and I have one that is "good enough" for that.
I do need an N&W 4-8-0 though...
"What could have happened... did."

Nigel

Quote from: Virginian on March 03, 2007, 09:03:11 PM
I do need an N&W 4-8-0 though...

Due to work and personal items, I have not gotten around to bashing one from a Spectrum low driver 4-6-0 (drivers measure 56", like the 2-6-6-2).  I do have a LMB brass one......As soon as a few of use get our bashed ones done, there will be a reasonably priced model announced.

Having 475 at Strasburg should make this easier.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955