News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Would you like to see a Spectrum 4-6-2!

Started by Guilford Guy, February 28, 2007, 11:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaltoOhioRRfan

try IHC for a PAcific, it looks real close to the photo, and from what i hear IHC is starting to make everything DCC ready and RP25 Wheels.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

rogertra

Quote from: BaltoOhioRRfan on August 11, 2007, 06:42:32 PM
try IHC for a PAcific, it looks real close to the photo, and from what i hear IHC is starting to make everything DCC ready and RP25 Wheels.

You quote have heard that "IHC is starting to make everything DCC ready and RP25 Wheels" but other than the 2-10-2, it hasn't happened yet and until it does, serious modellers will give them a pass.

I've looked at their 2-6-0 but with those steam roller wheels, no way.

BaltoOhioRRfan

I remember seeing and Ad somewhere, i think in MR about IHC bringing back the 4-6-2 with RP25 Wheels and DCC ready.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Atlantic Central

Roger, B&ORRfan,

A local hobby shop near me has received a sales flyer from IHC announcing the Pacific, Semi Streamlined Pacific and the Mikado with RP25 wheels. They are do out in the fall, October I believe it said.

Sheldon

Orsonroy

Quote from: rogertra on August 12, 2007, 08:31:50 PM

You quote have heard that "IHC is starting to make everything DCC ready and RP25 Wheels" but other than the 2-10-2, it hasn't happened yet and until it does, serious modellers will give them a pass.

Roger,

SERIOUS modelers know how to scratchbuild freight cars. Serious modelers know how to kitbash a 2-8-2 into a 4-4-2. Serious modelers know how to do all sorts of things, and making an IHC steam engine DCC compatible is a LOT easier than making a Bowser engine DCC compatible.

Serious modelers know that IHC steam is a great kitbashing platform for all sorts of engines, both prototype and freelanced. Almost as good as Bachmann stuff, in fact!

(serious modelers also know how to turn down flanges on pizza cutter driver wheels, using only hand tools...)
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

SteamGene

Well, there are serious modelers and modelers who like to joke.   ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

Alex

Atlantic Central

On this note, I have aquired two of the new IHC Pacifics with the RP25 wheels, one semi streamlined that with a few details added will join the Atlantic Central fleet and one regular to be a kitbashing base for a Western Maryland Pacific.

Sheldon

Guilford Guy

Here is a question. Now that IHC has released the DCC 4-6-2's with RP25's. How well do you think a spectrum 2-8-0's shell etc would fit on the IHC Chassis? Maybe a cut down Mountain boiler would work better.
Alex

kenp

I wish we could get something going in "spectrum" quality, similar to what the old Roundhouse Loco kits offered. Back in the day, as I recall, there were 4-4-2, 2-6-2, 4-6-2, and 2-8-0 running gear setups under the same superstructure. The "upper halfs" were offered in generic Santa Fe, Pensy, and SP/UP Harriman "looks", with appropriate tenders to match. No, not protypical, but quite useful when trying to build a "fleet" of locos. And while they didn't run very good, they were kitbashed into all kinds of different locos over the years.

modlerbob

Bachmann if smart could be a leader by doing a good non Pennsy 4-6-2 my preference being a Southern PS-4.  Why wait until P2K has done something before trying it?  I'm referring to the successful P2K Berks.
Bob DeWoody

r.cprmier

I would love to see something I could make a New Haven I-3 or I-4 out of.  I have been waiting about a year for BLI to get up off of  thier lard a$$es and come forth with what they promised.  All of a sudden, everyone's a politician!

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

Since when were the P2K 2-8-4s successful? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

modlerbob

Quote from: SteamGene on December 20, 2007, 04:54:35 PM
Since when were the P2K 2-8-4s successful? 
Gene

They sold out rather fast.  I'm not referring to their pulling ability which has been addressed by the newer releases with a traction tire.  I have the P2K Nickel Plate Berk and the C&O Kanawah and I think they are the best detailed plastic HO steam locomotives ever made regardless of their pulling capacity.
Bob DeWoody

jayl1

A Reading STREAMLINED Pacific for the Crusader stainless steel train - 2 obs, 2 coaches & a diner to go with it.  Ever see the cost os a brass one OR an old PennLine one??