News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

model power 0-4-0

Started by Daylight4449, June 09, 2008, 05:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 15, 2008, 10:48:55 PM
I assure you I read all posts very carefully.  But if someone says he wants to perform a certain operation, the "why would you want to do that?" is a mute point, so why ask it?  Who is to say it's unusual?

Apparently Bob, you don't know much about how railroads operate.  Turning a freight car on a turntable is unusual.  It's far from an everyday occurance and only happens rarely on the prototype.

Guilford Guy

Why, this is exactly why there are wye's!
Alex

Yampa Bob

CSX Corporation has a turntable in Raleigh, NC used extensively for turning freight cars.  The yard workers say it is indispensable to their operations.

There is much reference to turntables being used to turn railway cars, not just locomotives.  Infrequently? Perhaps.  Unusual? Not at all.

As to my knowledge about railroads, perhaps I know more than you give me credit for. In life I have learned that the key to success in any operation is to "Never Say Never".  
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Guilford Guy

IF he wants to turn cars, then he should buy a Factory Direct Trains trackmobile, or forever keep his peace...
Alex

Yampa Bob

Daylight, I hope you get your locomotive running smoothly and are happy with it. It might just be a simple matter of lubrication or minor adjustments.  I realize we can't all afford the top end products.  I should know, I spent my entire life in self-denial trying to build up a nest egg.

Just remember, it's your railroad, you can run it anyway you want to. Most of all, it's supposed to be fun.

Good luck
Bob

rogertra

Bob.

You keep using the expression ".....doing it wrong"?

May I ask why?

Yampa Bob

I was being facetious, a sort of witicism, cajoling, ribbing or teasing, common in our western culture, not meant to be taken seriously. Since it might be taken as sarcasm I edited my post.  :D

Sheldon said it perfectly, and I quote:

"It's impossible to get it wrong, and impossible to get it perfect."

Let's move on to greater things, like having fun.

rogertra

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 16, 2008, 02:53:22 PM
I was being fecicious, a sort of witicism, cajoling, ribbing or teasing, common in our western culture, not meant to be taken seriously. Since it might be taken as sarcasm I edited my post.  :D

Understood.  :-)

Daylight4449

Okay look, I use it for accessing many tracks, the service track, the shed, the siding for short cars. I will run my layout as i want it. Thanks Yampa bob for not telling me i was"un realistic" and should be punished. My grandpa would say... "What ever you can think of, The railroads tried it just not always with success.

Guilford Guy

Buy a factory direct trains trackmobile, 70$ DC, 99$ DCC. Its small enough to fit itself and another loco or car on the turntable...
Trackmobile
Alex

StanierJack

SteamGene

That is a Model Power 0-4-0T
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Pacific Northern

Quote from: SteamGene on June 17, 2008, 08:10:39 AM
That is a Model Power 0-4-0T
Gene

Looks like the same engine as found in train sets 40 years ago. Time for re-tooling I would assume.
Pacific Northern

Daylight4449

rogertra

Quote from: Daylight4449 on June 17, 2008, 03:33:48 PM
yeah, thats it.

Too bad you described it as an "0-4-0" in the header when it's an 0-4-0T.

There's a big difference between an 0-4-0 and an 0-4-0T

Ah well, live and learn.