News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Banta On30 tool car

Started by Woody Elmore, June 18, 2008, 06:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody Elmore

I've begun to assemble the fine Banta On30 tool car sold by Micromark. I wonder if there's anybody out there who's  built the kit.

The kit comes with a wooden deck that has to be glued onto the Bachmann flat car. They don't suggest a method and I am wondering if anyone has suggestions.

I think I'll sand the paint off the flat car and use 3M spray mounting glue.

Any suggestions?

ebtbob

Woody,

I built the car and I used ACC for an adhesive.    I have posted this before,  but if you ever wonder what product to use as an adhesive for different materials,  go to www.thistothat.com.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Woody Elmore

Bob: I come from an era where the only adhesives used were Elmers, Ambroid and Walther's Goo.

I am aware of all the options available. I just wanted to see what other people did. I am interested in the best and least messy glue to use.

did you remove the paint from the deck of the Bachmann car before you attached the Bantadeck?

br549

I built the same car using a Bachmann HO bobber caboose frame.  Mine wasn't painted (the caboose chassis) I used Zap a Gap CA to attach the floor to the caboose chassis. Fun build for sure!
Bob~

Frisco

Could you post some pictures of the progress and finished model ?

Woody Elmore

I'd love to post pictures but the project has been put away - I've been given an assignment for the summer from my employer.

br549

I can post a pic of mine if you wish, and providing I can figure out how to post pictures on the B-mann forum.

Woody Elmore

Pictures would be helpful. Although Banta provides two pages of information they show only one side of the car.

I am surprised that Bachmann never did something like the Banta model in plastic for the On30 line. Of course I realize that the Bach-man does all the prototypes and he is a one man show. There are only so many models he can turn out in a year!