Yes, it's back for a while again!

Started by Santa Fe buff, June 02, 2008, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Aren't you able to remove the oil tank and replace it with coal? My friend had an oil burning, he turned it into a coal burner...
E-mail me if you can if you need to know how, if you can that is. I'm not sure if it is possible. You guys can always e-mail me for any help. Although it is much much better to post here, that way you have more expert advise.
- Joshua Bauer

Conrail Quality

Quote from: r.cprmier on June 03, 2008, 10:08:54 PM
Guilford Guy;
I heard Rick Abramson at the Prototype meet saturday  mention that that company that is supposed to be making the die-cast EF-3, etc will be ready soon.  I can't think of the name now, but you probably know it.  The EP-5, EP-4, etc will follow, I am sure.  It sounds as if New Haven type motors will be his mainstay.

Rich 

Do you mean Riverpoint Station? Given how long it's taken (5 years) to get to this stage, I'm not particularly optimistic. Then again, now that I'm an N scaler, maybe they will actually come out with them soon, just to mock me :-\.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

CHUG

glennk28

Looking for oil bunkers for the LS 2-truck  Shay,  Climax, and Heisler. 
glenn476@4fast.net

Paul M.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Daylight4449

Quote from: Paul M. on June 08, 2008, 09:37:03 PM
Quote from: Paul M. on June 03, 2008, 05:40:51 PM
Spectrum 2-8-0, undec, for under $50

Make that under $60.
check out the ebay store, the favorite spot. I am planning on getting 5

Guilford Guy

Quote from: NWsteam on June 02, 2008, 10:53:18 PM
Find me a brass shay that meets the following criteria:

-H0 scale
-class "b" (two truck).
-coal burning
-little or no tarnish/ maybe a paint job?
-trying to stay under 400$ mark but will go over if it looks good.
-need a picture with it to verify. I will not go on just words alone.

Sounds easy enough but I'm having a surprisingly difficult time.

I was looking for B&M brass models and stumbled on these...
http://www.brasstrains.com/product_detail.php?p=008568
Fairly Expensive Wood Burner.
http://www.brasstrains.com/product_detail.php?p=009195
HOn3 Coal Burner
http://www.brasstrains.com/product_detail.php?p=008563
2-6-2 Logger for under 400.
Alex

Yampa Bob

Santa Fe Buff,

I'm producing a historical photo album for the local preservation society and museum.  I have pictures of all the railroad depots from Denver, past the Moffat Tunnel, to Bond and the Yampa Valley Mail route to the end of the line at Craig, Colorado...except for the following. 

Tabernash, Colorado
Parshall, Colorado
McCoy, Colorado
Toponas, Colorado

Most of these are on the "endangered historical buildings" list, scheduled to be removed this year by UP for safety and liability reasons.  They are all within 200 miles of where I live, and hopefully I can get pictures later on this fall.  However, for the purpose of the album, I need pictures during the first years of use.  I believe they were all built before 1917.

I spent weeks searching and couldn't find anything, but you might get lucky. 

Thanks
Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

did you try old reliable Denver public library?

Santa Fe buff

I having trouble too, I found this, I don't think it's what you need.
http://www.rkymtnhi.com/Visitors/Towns/Parshall/
I went to the Colorado online Historical Society, but I found a book about old Colorado depots, but someone checked it out, but I'm in Illinois, near the border to Indiana, like I'm going to travel to Colorado, oh well. I'll keep trying, but I have to leave today for my friend's graduation party.
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Paul
Yes I did but no depots for the cities in question.  Do you have a link for the post office picture?

Are those people waiting for the railroad to lay tracks?  I'm talking Iron Horse, not Pony Express. LOL

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 22, 2008, 12:37:26 PM
Paul
Yes I did but no depots for the cities in question.  Do you have a link for the post office picture?

Are those people waiting for the railroad to lay tracks?  I'm talking Iron Horse, not Pony Express. LOL
But it appears they are more likely posing for the photo of the depot. I think it is like a monument for them to have built it. It's almost similar to saying, "lets get a picture with that steamer.", and gathering up for the photo.
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Paul and Buff,
Thanks for the links. I found the phone number for the Granby Model RR Club, contacted their president and got some information.

Tabernash...original depot torn down, now a tourist/ski community serving the Winter Park Ski area.  There is a large Wye turnaround for the ski train from Denver,  very prosperous coummunity.

Parshall and McCoy...no depot. 

Toponas...General store with post office.

Also found picture of the postal stop at Hot Sulphur Springs.

Kremmling depot is scheduled for demolition in August, hope to get a picture of the depot in July.  Building has asbestos siding, and located between tracks.

We don't have much hope to save the Craig depot, it's also between tracks and is in pretty bad condition.

Thanks again,
Bob

pdlethbridge

if you right click the image it shows properties of denver library.

Shay Fan

Quote from: NWsteam on June 02, 2008, 10:53:18 PM
Find me a brass shay that meets the following criteria:

-H0 scale
-class "b" (two truck).
-coal burning
-little or no tarnish/ maybe a paint job?
-trying to stay under 400$ mark but will go over if it looks good.
-need a picture with it to verify. I will not go on just words alone.

Sounds easy enough but I'm having a surprisingly difficult time.

I just found a Precision Scale 42 ton shay on M. B. Klein.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Precision_Scale_Co_HO_16860_1_42_Ton_Coal_Burner_p/psc-16860-1.htm