News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4 questions for the Bach-Man

Started by deadman65, July 01, 2008, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman65

Hey Bach-man i have four questiosn for ya and im hopeing you will be abel to awnswer them

1.What paint color was used for the Annie and Claribel models because i happen to have a Spare Annie and i want to paint over the eyes and name plates and i want to be accurate.

2.when Edward and Mavis are relesed will there be pictures of them posted on the photo gallery because i look forward to seeing them

3.Where with in Canada is the Nearist Model train hobby shop also if they have a website would you be able to give me the link.

4.is there any plans for Bachmann to Make Either A southern Pacific 4-8-8-2 Cab-Forward model or a Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Big boy.

thank you for reading

Guilford Guy

1. Paint will be far too hard to match, as opposed to repainting the entire loco.

2. Probably

3. Canada is a pretty big country... where is the hobby shop supposed to be close to?

4. Nope, too many other manufacturers of them... Bachmann Steam is often of models that other companies don't produce...
Alex

the Bach-man

Dear Dead,
1)Paint is mixed at the factory- I don't know of any commercial match.
2) Of course.
3)Check your phone book.
4)None.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

deadman65

Quote from: the Bach-man on July 01, 2008, 10:33:47 PM
Dear Dead,
1)Paint is mixed at the factory- I don't know of any commercial match.
2) Of course.
3)Check your phone book.
4)None.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
thank you very much for question 3 i actully meant is there a hobnby shop within ontario that is recongzed by Bachmann regardless thank you very much also what pain colour would you suggest i use if i am goign to repaint my Spare Annie and Clarebel model s

Diesel #261

deadman65
A good way to get rid of Annie's name is to take it off instead of painting over it.  Use LifeLike track cleaner.  Get a que tip and put in some track cleaner then rub it on the letters.  Leave it sit for about 5 minutes then take it off.  The letters should come off with a light scrape of a flat head screw driver.  If you need track cleaner here's the link.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/lif/lif1415.htm

If you can't get it then your next bet is rubbing alcohol.  Hope this helps. ;)
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."