News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Test picture post

Started by Tom Lapointe, February 03, 2007, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottychaos

Bob, (and everyone)

another potential problem is that you have blank spaces in your image filenames..blank spaces are bad, and mess up the display on many forums and webpages and such.

dont use:

my On30 locomotive.jpg

as an image filename,
instead use:

myOn30locomotive.jpg
or
my-On30-locomotive.jpg
or
my_On30_locomotive.jpg

only letters, numbers, dashes - or underscores _ should be used in filenames.
no blank spaces, and no weird characters like !@#$^&*()=+

the blank space is probably why your photo doesnt show when you click this link:

http://ebtbob.rrhives.net/pictures/14688/On30%20railroad-4.jpg

the blank space got converted to %20, which can mess things up.

Scot

ebtbob

Scot,

Thankyou for your advice.  Now I know it is not me as what you said to do was what I did on the first try.   I went to my gallery at www.rrpicturearchives.net and opened the picture.  Then I right clicked on it and clicked on properties.   I highlighted the url and copied it.  Then I came back to this forum.   Came to this thread,  clicked on the icon and hit paste.  Why it did not work is beyond me as I was able to post a picture earlier in the day.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

Scot,

I was just able to post a picture in the thread about your favorite engine,  why and post a pic.  After hitting the icon to post the pic I right clicked to paste the url.  When I did that I noted that the blinking cursor moved into either the first or last image tag.   That may be the reason why things got messed up before.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Ok,   one last try today......this is a picture of an On3 EBT 2-8-2  #16 at the Kimberton, Pa narrow gauge module meet,  last May.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress