Laid up for a while, so I figure I'll kitbash ! XD

Started by VTBob, July 08, 2008, 06:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

Yup, Sprained my knee pretty good & was advised to stay off it for a week or 2. Out of work until I heal back up, so I'll be kitbashing my model.

Bought a pair of Kemtron Vesibule cab kits (meant for the mantua mikado, but will fit the bachmann 2-10-2 with a little modding. Easy kit to build actually.

Now, I had asked this earlier, about how to remove the cab on the DCC-Equipt 2-10-2, & some one gave me a link to a pdf, However, the pdf shows one screw, & I'll be danged if I can't find it. I found TWO screws under the cab itself, but they seem to go to something else. I loosen them & the cab didn't even wiggle a bit. Has anyone had theirs apart? I'm afraid of breaking the model if I do something wrong, plus for what I paid for it, I certainly don't want to break it :P

I have the decals, paints, & photographs of reference to go off of...........now I just need to change the cab so I can finish it :) Been waiting a long time & this has been the 1 hold up in my continuing the project :P

Thanks again,
Bob

R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

SteamGene

See if the bottom of the cab isn't held by tabs sitting in a grove at the bottom.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

There may also be a small screw up through the firebox roof into the cab ceiling.  To check this out you'll need to remove the boiler from the chassis.