Bachmann, what in the h*** were you thinking???

Started by Dusten Barefoot, July 14, 2008, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

I ignored this thread at first because of Dustin's rudeness, hoping that others would do the same. 

Instead you guys just piled on with more rudeness.  Shame on you.     

Part of growing up is the ability to express your disapproval of things in a tactful manner, and learning how to use a spell checker.

You must have missed class on both of those days.   

Bachmann and the Bach-Man are kind and generous enough (time & $$$) to provide you with a forum.  Don't abuse them, don't abuse it. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

hminky

Quote from: Joe Satnik on July 15, 2008, 09:15:58 AM

Part of growing up is the ability to express your disapproval of things in a tactful manner, and learning how to use a spell checker.

You must have missed class on both of those days.    

Probably attending the more important "Nice Guys Finish Last" seminar, the squeaky wheel is the only one that is greased.

Go Dunsten!!!!!!!!!

Harold

David(UK)

Well, I must lead a very sheltered life - I've read this thread through twice and apart from Dunsten's opening line ( which could have read heck! ), I see no signs of rudeness either to him or to Bachmann.
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

Dusten Barefoot

I am sorry if I was rude, I am just blown away with the choice of engine. What about the time when some of ya'll did not get the 4-4-0 ya'll were looking for? I do remember that there was not so much heat in the firebox for that loco either. I was talking to chatzie473 last night and he purposed an idea that in my opinion was really good. He told me that he would like to see Backwoods stock in the summer, adn main line stock in the fall, I think it is a good idea. And by the way, what is with the "N" in my name, not to sound rude, but I don't know if you are doing that on purpose or not, it is spelt "Dusten". Again, I am sorry if I was rude.
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Joe Satnik

Dusten,

Apology accepted. 

I misspelled your name, apologies.  I read too fast and know too many Dustins (with an "I").

I thought twice about mentioning spelling, because it puts my own spelling under a microscope.

Your enthusiasm is great, keep it up. 

Harold,

Given the demeanor of your previous posts and excellent website, your latest reply was really a surprise. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

hminky

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot(The Rocker) on July 15, 2008, 11:26:49 AM

And by the way, what is with the "N" in my name, not to sound rude, but I don't know if you are doing that on purpose or not, it is spelt "Dusten".

Dusten, I apoligize for misspelling your name, being sensitive to misspelling having gone through my life as "Howard Minkowitz" instead of Harold Minkwitz.

Joe, what is wrong with forums is this attitude that we can't speak up about a product. I have left forums because I was told you can't criticize or have an opposing idea on "their" forums.

Harold

ossygobbin

the new O/F 4-4-0 is much larger than the I/F model. i layed the connie on the drg in the gazette and it is virtualy the same size except for the tender which is shorter than the connie.
so i doubt wether any of the I/F parts are used

hminky

Quote from: ossygobbin on July 15, 2008, 02:02:29 PM
the new O/F 4-4-0 is much larger than the I/F model. i layed the connie on the drg in the gazette and it is virtualy the same size except for the tender which is shorter than the connie.
so i doubt wether any of the I/F parts are used

If you look at the two pictures the OF appears to be a derivative of the IF and not the plans in the gazette. They appear to be the same size with the same cab pushed further back on the frame on the OF. The front end, cab and tender are the same. The driver wheelbase looks the same also.

Harold

japasha

Looking at pictures and scaling both the I/F and O/F plans, the Mt Gretna is about five feet shorter than the O/F locomotive .

The pictures indicate that Bachmann was true to the prototype in driver spacing, frame length and pilot truck dimensions.

While the mechanisms are similar, they are different locomotives. The wheelbase is about 26 inches longer than the Mt Gretna alone. The boiler is much longer. As the Baldwin cabs are stock items for Baldwin, Lee can use the Mt. Gretna cab and still be on target.

I still want to see what Harold does to his.

C.S.R.R. Manager

I was curious about the size of the new 4-4-0, and someone was kind enough to post drawings of a prototype which looks identical to the new OF loco.  The drawings had dimensions, so I printed them at exact 1:48 scale, and placed the IF 4-4-0 in front.  Even with a little perspective distortion, which makes the loco in front look bigger, there is some difference in size.  I also noticed that the new OF tender has straight sides, and sits higher on its trucks.  The IF has a tender with flared sides, that sits very low on its trucks.

See what you think.  If the link works.

Joe Satnik

Joe, what is wrong with forums is this attitude that we can't speak up about a product. I have left forums because I was told you can't criticize or have an opposing idea on "their" forums.

Harold

Mink,

I have no objection to complaints.  "Just do it without being rude" is all I can ask.    

I've known the Bach-Man for a long time on the board, and met him at a WHG train show once.  An extremely talented gentleman, friend to all, ambassador for the hobby, and a messenger with way too many bullet holes.  

Why add to his stress by "Pushing the Envelope"?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik          

ossygobbin

harold, the boiler is totally different, the O/F is parallel

The Old Fardt

Tact is the word that might get you somewhere not rant.

How to pixx off a manufacture 101..

TOF

hminky

I guess ranting for all these years does pay off, Dusten!!!!! Remember the squeaky wheel does get greased.

Be RUDE
Harold

Dusten Barefoot

I am not generally rude, I am really polite most of the time, but in this case I was very rude, have I been rude through the years on the bachmann board? I am happy see the 4-6-0 I suggested around 3 or 4 years ago being made, I am sorry for the comments on the oustide frame 4-4-0, but it is ugly to me. All I can say is, bug the snot out of someone till it gets done. ;D
Sorry for all the trouble
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten