News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney/DCC sound question

Started by NKline, July 21, 2008, 11:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKline

Mr. Bach-man or anyone else out there,
I have A Forney with DCC and sound. I've been running it on dc and it works fine and then I was running it on dcc and it works fine. What I want to know is now that it's been run on DCC can I go back to running it on dc right away (just plop it on the track and go like before) or is there something special I must do first? I'm new to dcc, I only know about systems and decoders available but not much on the technical end of things. Thanks in advance.
-Nathan

the Bach-man

Dear Nathan,
Just put it back...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tomcat

Nathan,

there is no problem to do so. When I got it right, sound on DC should be still operational, but no whistle, bell etc. But anyway, you can´t do anything wrong about this, just place her on the track and get going. The Soundtraxx Decoders will work on DC as well.
(Actually, Soundtraxx produces the Sound Decoders -Tsunamis- for Bachmann...)

Kind regards, Tom

NKline

Ok, that's what I thought, now, here's the real problem, I put it on my module that runs on dcc, I have 18.4 volts at the track and all I get is a little momentary noice/crackle on from the speaker when I get past a certain point on the throttle, no motion, no sound. What's wrong with it?
-Nathan

Quote from: Tomcat on July 21, 2008, 11:28:07 PM
Nathan,

there is no problem to do so. When I got it right, sound on DC should be still operational, but no whistle, bell etc. But anyway, you can´t do anything wrong about this, just place her on the track and get going. The Soundtraxx Decoders will work on DC as well.
(Actually, Soundtraxx produces the Sound Decoders -Tsunamis- for Bachmann...)

Kind regards, Tom

NKline

The power pack I'm using is an older tyco, I don't have a newer one at the moment as I just use it for testing, could that be part of the problem?
-Nathan

NKline

Ok, problem solved, it was the old power pack that was the issue, I forgot I had a trainset with a Bachmann power pack and I tried it with that and it worked great as new. Thanks to all who replied.
-Nathan