News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GE 44t and DDA40X

Started by MickeyD, July 16, 2008, 10:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyD

I'm amazed and overjoyed there will be a r-t-r GE 44t with DCC! If there is now a motor small enough for a 44t, does this mean we could see some steamers with small boilers? A few good suggestions for models have been rejected in the past because there wasn't a small enough motor.

Does the "new" DDA40X use the same size gears as the old one and will they be available as spare parts? More than a few of us have older ones with split gears.

Williamson

Same old overscale shell on the DDA40 or new tooling?

r0bert

pics of 44 tonner in gallery!!! :)

siderod

It figures: I built a Shay(25 years ago) and Atlas produced an N Scale Shay.  ( I bought 2).  I commissioned Hans Starmanst to build me a 44 tonner( really a 45 tonner) with siderods, and now Bachmann will be producing an N scale 44 tonner.  I will probably buy two; more, if they run well.  I hope the gears don't split.  The 44 tonners will make nice powered tenders to mu with smaller steam locos for extra electrical pickup and tractive effort. 

The one Hans built for me is an incredible working jewel with a geared coreless motor and micro-decoder.

ac12

ALL RIGHT !!!
Kudos for the 44 toner.
Always wanted one (or two or three) of those critters.

Mr Bach Man
Would you please make an official announcement on the Atlas forum.
You have us drooling.

johnTom

What no ARCADE AND ATTICA RR model for Bachmann's GE 44tonner? What a shame for local model railroaders here in the rochester, NY and BUFFALO, NY area..

Tom
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

Williamson

I must say it looks good!

john_apw

For the last 10 years, I have requested the GE44-tonner as my #1 wish-list item on the Model Railroader annual survey.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I would ask now that you release a shell liveried out for the Navy. Two numbers, please!

-John
in northern NJ

brokemoto

The 40DD or whatever it is does not do much for me, but...................

TENDERS!!!!!!!!  hu-ZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Many of my older steam locomotives are getting upgrades.   I can buy some of the MPs and upgrade them, as well.  Good thinking on B-mann's part to give us smokeheads a range of tenders from the large Vanderbilt to the slope back so that we can upgrade the range of the older (and not so much older, but not quite properly constructed) power out there. 

Will B-mann be using the re-tooled USRA Switcher and slopebacks on the 0-6-0/2-6-2?  While the recent upgrades to these has been beneficial, the re-tooled tender will make them even better.

I will also buy the 44 tonner.  B-personn did a good job with it in other scales, so I expect that it will do the same in N.   Baltimore and Ohio (did they have any?) and some generics for me.

Lt Jim

I can't tell you how many YEARS I've been waiting for 44 tonners in N scale!! (I also have one of those older DDA40X's with split gears, so I guess that's good news as well)!

Put me down for several! This one ought to be a BIG seller in the N scale community, as it is truly a first!

WELL DONE, BACHMANN!!! (Though I will be much happier when I have mine in hand)

C855B

Quote from: Williamson on July 16, 2008, 10:23:28 AM
Same old overscale shell on the DDA40 or new tooling?
In all seriousness, I am afraid that I have to ask the same thing. I have two each from the two previous toolings, and the disproportions in proximity to other modern N scale locomotives are frustrating.

So, point blank: was the shell mold corrected for the upcoming release?

TCWORLD

Quote from: brokemoto on July 18, 2008, 05:55:28 AM
I will also buy the 44 tonner.  B-personn did a good job with it in other scales, so I expect that it will do the same in N.   Baltimore and Ohio (did they have any?) and some generics for me.
Yup, theres a B&O one, which i will be reserving, the question is, does anyone know how the couplings on it will be attached (i.e. which micro-train conversion?)
Tom

-~The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time~-

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The DD40AX has a newly tooled shell.  I don't know how the couplers relate to MT conversions; I'm sure they'll have one in short order.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

taz-of-boyds

The new locos look cool, funny releasing a tiny loco at the same time as a giant loco.  The DD40AX is a loco I am tempted to get just to show even though it does not fit my modeling plans in the least...

But I am with MickeyD, it would be great to have the Russian Decapod and the Ten Wheeler (with the 50 some odd and 60 some odd inch drivers).  I continue to wait...

Thanks Bachmann for the locos you provide!
Charles