Bachmann Street car noisy jerks any way to correct problem

Started by HOTWHEEMAN, July 11, 2008, 02:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTWHEEMAN

Hi I just bought a bachmann street  trolly it has the old style motor assy.I purchased it new from local hobby shop going out of business no refunds or returns. I opened the box myself it was still in the tissue paper .I took it out put it on the test oval of track it would not run. I then loosened the screws slightly on the motor box it started to run jerking and stopping. I then opened the motor box to find a cracked brush mount and  repaired it cleaning all oil from it and then using super glue.
I put it back together and got it to run without stopping but jerking as it went . I then tried it today it runs slowly makes and makes some grinding noise .I have another trolly same make and model. With a new style motor box no spring contacts on bottom. Old style has two spring loaded legs. Has anyone modified an older unt to run better? IF YOU HAVE PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH INFO

ohioriverrailwlay

Go to the largescaleonline board and look at model making/kitbashing threads.  Or post your email address here!!

Joe Satnik

Dear Hot,

Assuming that yours is a large scale trolly,

"Large Scale Central" is another good site.  (Plug...Plug)

If you do choose to post your email address here, spell out "at" and "dot" instead of using the symbols.  (This is to prevent spammers from picking up your addy off this site.)

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Danny Sheehan in Oz

Gentlemen, click on the posters name and check his profile, his e-mail address is posted there , simple really.

ohioriverrailwlay

[quote ]
Gentlemen, click on the posters name and check his profile, his e-mail address is posted there , simple really.
[/quote]

The address says "hidden." Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

glennk28

(I keep seeing this heading and cannot resist any longer:)
Ask the conductor to throw the noisy jerks off!    8^)     gj