News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rail Tractor Enterprise

Started by altterrain, July 22, 2008, 10:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

My second 7/8's loco project is a rail tractor. It is basically a Bachmann Dizzy truck with the body of a modified diecast 1/16 scale bulldozer. The 45 tonner Dizzy truck is unmodified except for wiring it to use with a battery trailer car. It will be a simple battery power trailer car using the same speed controller I used in my rail truck. The diecast dozer body was chopped, channeled and widened. The seat was also redone and relocated.

Details added - air tank, muffler, foot and hand controls, grab rails and coupler pockets cast by Bill Martinsen.

The rail tractor painted and grunged. I still have to finish up the electronics. The trailer battery flat car will hold two crates - one for the battery pack (as seen in the pic) and the second for the speed controller and DPDT c/o switch.

-Brian
President of

Paul W.

Nice job!

Hope to see it at York next year!
Happy Steamin'

Paul

altterrain

Rail tractor Enterprise has been finished up -

The electronics, battery, speed control, sound card and speaker hidden in a couple of crates -

a few pics -

and a minute long video -

Ridin' the Rails with JeanLuc

-Brian
President of

Paul W.

Nice job Brian!

What sound unit did you use in that? Looks and sounds great
Happy Steamin'

Paul

altterrain

Thanks Paul. The sound is from an ITT helper diesel sound card - http://ittproducts.com/hqpage_2008.htm with just a 2 inch speaker. Simple and cheap but great for critters.

-Brian
President of