News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Daylight Savings Time change

Started by Bill Baker, March 06, 2007, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Banner

Up here in Saskatchewan we don't change our clocks either - we couldn't teach the cows to get up an hour earlier.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Atlantic Central

Stewart,

I agree that all this daylight saving time non sense is just that, non sense.

I will however respectfully decline your invitation. I have been to the west only a few times, and while it was an intersting place to visit, my personal taste perfers:

A green environment at least part of the year.
Rain on a regular basis.
Enough humidity that my lips don't chap.
A need to change my mode of dress only seasonaly, not just because the sun went down.

With these requirements in mind, my wife and are shopping for property in the western portion of Virginia to build our retirement home in the next few years.

I am sure you are very happy with where you live, and when I move to the Blue Ridge, I will once again.

And I won't care what time the clock says! (not that I watch it much now anyway)

Sheldon

JM

Makes you wonder what sort of Einsteins they have in DC doesn't it?  didn't anyone consider all the computers and PDA's that automatically update?  I've long said that daylight savings time is an outdated idea....doesn't make the sun come up sooner does it?????   So now I have to figure out how to set the date and time on this gray box of blinking lights....and I JUST figured out how to turn it on!!! LOL

Terry Toenges

Seems like DST is meant to appease just a few.
Why don't the "9 to 5" companies just change their working hours in the summer and let the rest of us alone?
Is DST really relevant to those who work evening/midnight shifts? Or retirees?
I guess it means more sunlight for play after school, but school isn't in session in the summer anyway.
Feel like a Mogul.

Seasaltchap

Terry : Business does move its hours to suit needs. It is only 9-5 on the East Coast.

In the West we have always altered our back office hours in business to run in unison with the East Coast, to 7-4.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Rich R

Well I woke up this morning and as far as I can tell the time changed and I'm still here. Computer took care of itself as did my cell phone(s). Diddle a few electronic devices such as clocks/watches and the microwave oven and alls well with the world.
The microwave can wait I think they're supposed to blink constantly at 12:00 are they not?
Now I'll just go and worry about Y3K....................

Rich R

scottychaos

I dont see the problem..
personally I LOVE it when the time changes in the spring!  ;D
and im happy it happened several weeks early this year!

I dont care about light in the morning..
on weekdays im at work at 7am, I dont much care if the sun is up or not when I drive to work..and on weekends I sleep until 8 or 9 am anyway.
I actually see the sunrise maybe twice a year!  ;)

but having that extra sunlight in the evening is GREAT!
I love having it light-out until 9pm in the summer.

actually, I wouldnt mind if it just stayed "daylight savings time" all year!
and never go back to "regular" time at all..
then we could have it light until 6pm in the winter instead of dark at 5pm.

and the time change twice a year isnt a big deal either.
you lose one hour of sleep one night a year..big deal!
the same thing happens if I stay up late to watch the end of a movie.
how many times do you go to bed a bit late?
thats all that happened last night..we went to bed one hour late.
happens all the time.

and it takes me 10 seconds to change a few clocks..again, big deal.

The crops dont care, they dont have watches.
yes, I suppose it could affect the cows if their schedule changes by an hour..but they probably get over it in a few days..
a week tops, and they have adapted.

I honestly dont see what the big deal is.

Scot

Seasaltchap

As you all know, we in Arizona did not have to change our time.

However, WE DID HAVE PROBLEMS !!!

The local NBC affiliate could not record Tim Russert's "Meet The Press" without making a complete pigs-ear out of it.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

glennk28

My computer adjusted just fine.  However, several clocks that are supposed to be kept accurate via a radio signal from a satellite had to be manually reset.

Ralph-On30

>:(

Don't like D.S.T.

Live near Los Angeles.

Terry,  I worked all three shifts,  now retired.

Still Don't like D.ST.