What rolling stock would we like to see in the future?

Started by ksivils, August 04, 2008, 11:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Fardt

Tomcat has some good choices and they would be on my wish list too.

Of course the beat dead horse is still out there somewhere ???

Cheers,   TOF

aussie30inch

Hi

This is a baulk End Flat kit bashed from a Bachmann gondola. I used the sides to from the ands and used the removed stake holders to hold the Baulk Ends in place.

The result was very satisfying and I built 8 off these

Geoff

aussie30inch

k27

The k-27 like in Fn3. In particular the #455 post wreak.
You would make my happiness. ;D ;D ;D

Sandro

Hamish K

I thought this was a rolling stock thread, not a locomotive thread.

The K27 has of course been made in ON30 by another maker.

Hamish

FrankS

I'll add an outside braced timber boxcar to my Bulkhead Flat. ;)

Cheers,
Frank Savery,
Down under in Tasmania

Dusten Barefoot

ET&WNC Passanger Stock, to rightfully fit the new ten wheeler. Besides green passanger cars would look great, and were more comfortable to ride in. ;D
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Frisco

The long caboose would be great :) :) :). Also a genaric shorter passenger car, a bober caboose and some Rio Grande style passenger cars.    I think that the piggy-back cars sound really cool even if they are east coast . A frameless tank car is something that I think is a must and a taller sided gondola like the one in G scale would be great also. I think it would be wise of Bachmann to realise suger-cane cars since they have so many locomotives to complament them(I have no insterest in them but Bachmann seems to think that non US models will sell well).

Mister Lee

I have two separate wish-lists for passenger and freight cars. For passenger cars, I'd like to see a combination baggage-RPO car and a Boston, Revere Beach, & West Lynn-style passenger car. While originally an East Coast prototype, a few of those cars got very far afield after the BRB&WL was abandoned.

For freight cars, I'd like to see a double-truck steel sugar cane car, like the sort still operating in Cuba up to a couple of years ago. I'd also like to see an outside-braced wooden side boxcar, preferably one with a simulated corrugated-metal roof either a la Oahu Railway & Land Co. or something found in Latin America.

Frisco

Quote from: ksivils on August 04, 2008, 11:57:18 AM
I really would like to see a 24-25 ft. steel box car brought into
production.  Some narrow gauges
modernized in an effort to survive.
I don't know what your modeling but I thought that you might want to know about this quote from American Narrow Gauge "To the writer's knowledge there never was any steel box cars built for an American Line.Narrow Gauge Lines in Mexico and Central America did acquire steel equipment following World War 2."

ksivils

Actually, the EBT had some all steel box cars.  During WW II all steel box cars built by Pullman wound up on the White Pass & Yukon Route and the Oahu narrow gauge.

There were a few other odds and ends that were home made as well.

While not all steel, the C&S had freight cars with all steel underframes that would later see service on the RGS and White Pass.

I have Hilton's book and it is excellent.  I have read it several times and do not recall reading that quote, I don't doubt it's in print, and am surprised Hilton forgot about the EBT box cars.

WVM_guy

EBT-style steel boxes would be great. More P&C lumber stuff would be neat too. (Cuz it would be right for WVM  ;D )

It would be neat if Bachman considered some 'oddball' stuff. Hawaiian. Cuban. Things we don't ordinarily see, but that have US roots. (US Navy narrow gauge boxcars?)

Shoot, maybe WVM 103? It's a wooden boxcar.

The WVM also used Jackson & Sharp passenger cars, so there's a possibility too.

Mann's Creek and Cairo & Kanawha offer some interesting not-much-seen rolling stock as well.

The Western stuff has been overdone, but how about some Southern narrow gauge? It would take research, but in the end, I think it would pay off for Bachmann.

Bob Peterson

There are many who would like to see something that Forneys really pulled.  If you want to take the time, and make the effort, converting American Flyer Franklin Passenger cars to On30 results in a car that is longer than the Bachmann cars.
      Another near conversion is the former Industrial Rail Ore car.  It makes a real nice early hopper. [Atlas has purchased that line].
   Bob Peterson  --  modeling Maine in Michigan

kc trucking

Can we make a whole bunch of suggestions?

My layout is tighter and steeper than a witches hiney, so i need tighter turning and lighter rolling stock, savvy?

How about shorty passenger cars and excursion cars in standard and short versions, more work cars, blacksmittys, MOW, tool and a wood water car. I guess you all will make us wait til next year to get us a log skidder like the tiny folk got this year?  Some variety in rail trucks, a ford model t inspection car like Accucraft in G scale would look tidy next to the  Pierce Arrow.

And a bone to pick,  a skeleton log car that dosnt need surgery to make tight turns,  thought it was me til I talked to a seasoned On30 vet and he told me the frame needs to be ground to make clearance for the wheels to turn properly, on a log car voted best of the class?

Keep up the great work B Mann, Railbus is awesome, just remember the details make the model.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

In anearlier reply,  the EBT caboose was mentioned,  and as many of you "oldtimers" on this forum know,  that is an item I have asked for - for many years.
       Deerfield River Laser,  also mentioned earlier for passenger car items,  now has an EBT caboose kit with decals,  but no trucks or couplers.   The trucks that Bachmann offers,  that came on the two bay hoppers are a VERY nice fit for these cabooses.
        The link that was provided earlier for Deerfield River Laser,  for passenger cars took you to the New England style cars.   If you click on the O scale link to the left,  you will find a seperate file for EBT passenger cars.    Some of the kits are meant to retrofit the standard Bachmann passenger cars.   However,  DRL also offers kits to make a full length EBT car.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org