News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann's E-Z Command Control

Started by WGL, August 07, 2008, 02:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Yes, I was thinking about buying some cork railbirding from a local hobby shop. But they do sell cork for a good discount, but everything else, including track, is the price of the manufacturer! Man, everytime I go to buy something, I've looked it up, and they sell at the price Bachmann and other companies. Well, at least cork beding is all I every am sort of. Thank you for also telling the difference between code 100 and 83 track. Well I'll just look up their website for any more product questions.
Thanks Jhanecker2. I try to be a bit 'frugal' too.  ;)
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

What in the world is "railbirding"?....."beding is all I every am sort of "?
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WGL

I just got Bachmann's EZ Command Control.  My DCC locomotive on Address 3 remembers its last speed when I switch to Address 10 to operate my DC locomotive, so I can control its speed to avoid collisions.
  Can I still operate my remote control switches from the AC terminals on my DC Power Pack?

Yampa Bob

Yes you can.  I suggest putting tape over the DC terminals to avoid mistakes.

Congratulations on your first DCC experience. As you acquire more DCC locos, you can have lots of fun, park one and run another, or run up to 3 at one time if you're careful.  Now that you've made the jump, you might consider adding a decoder to your DC loco.  In the meantime, don't leave the DC loco standing for long. Consider isolating a siding to park it when not in use. All it takes is a couple plastic rail joiners and a switch to turn the siding on or off.

If you get a loco with sound, using Function 8 will definitely "honk your horn". Let us know when you make your first "toot".  :D

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WGL

Thanks, Yampa Bob.  I wish my Spectrum SD-45 with DCC had sound, but it fits my budget, the era & the railroad I want.  My F7 for my passenger train came with a Walters train set, & I plan to replace it one day with a DCC passenger locomotive with sound.  Sound adds a lot to the cost of a DCC locomotive, though.  Then there is the question of investing in a "B", unpowered or powered.  I saw a DC locomotive with sound; I wonder how it works.
  I found that E-Z Command will not plug into my Power-Loc re-railer, so I'm glad that I ordered an E-Z-Loc straight re-railer & adapters.  Wrapping the universal wires around the Power-Loc terminals is a tenuous connection at best.