News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

couplers

Started by Michigan Railfan, August 07, 2008, 10:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: indianajones12 on October 17, 2008, 05:37:46 PM
Sometimes, the hoses on my cars jti either the rail on a switch, but sometimes, it hits the ties. The only one of my cars that hits the ties is my Union Pacific cattle car.

Then you need to buy the Kadee coupler hieght gauge and properly adjust your couplers.  Correctly adjusted couplers don't foul the track and don't uncouple, except where you want them to.

Jhanecker2

Good Morning All  !!! Santa Fe Buff do yourself a favor and replace your horn-hook couplers at your earliest convenience.  Kadee and Bachmann Knuckle couplers will make your trains run better with less long term annoyance. It is a bit boring , though it can be quite exciting chasing down very small flying springs and parts . If you have a jeweler's apron , use it . You will also need good lighting , optical magnification , tools and a steady hand.   Good Luck !! John II

Santa Fe buff

John,

I'm way ahead of you. I have got mostly life-like freight cars with hook-horns. So I bought me a Life-Like knuckle coupler replacement designed just for those pesky Life-Like hook-horns. But due to recent packing away and cleaning out for room painting, I've only had time and space to replace 3 cars and in case I don't have enough, I made one car half and half. Those things connect just like Kadees, but I'm fairly sure don't come close, for they use an 'arm' or bendable plastic for recoil instead of a spring.

Thanks, but some of my older cars seem to be impossible to change couplers now... Can't wait to save up to buy those Kadees at the hobby shop! :)
- Joshua Bauer