How goes the "Free the 2in Straights!" Project?

Started by Len, August 15, 2008, 08:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I posted a message in the General Discussion on uses for the 2" straights.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,6377.0.html
Bob  - Too bad the board doesn't allow for voice. Probably just as good, especially when people have complaints. ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

Yampa Bob

You're probably right. We get enough written whining as it is.

I made several recordings over the years.  I have a broad vocal  range, usually baritone, but can fill in with bass or tenor if need be.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hgcHO

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

EZ-Track book author Chris Lane has been corresponding with me via e-mail on the subject of the 2" straights.

Chris explained a long time line where the 2" straights were not yet available when the concepts of the book were established.  The finished manuscript had to go through the "release of a new product" pipeline, in which time the new 90 degree crossing (with four 2" straights) became available.  A re-write would have even further delayed its long awaited release.

As far as a separate sale blister pack, anything can happen, but realize that it would have to be approved by Bachmann and its parent company Kader, then take some time to get through the "pipeline". 

They've heard you all and understand.

(End of explanation)

Hope this helps.

FT2"S

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Terry Toenges

So as not to be wasteful when buying the pack to just to get the 2" straights, one could sharpen the edges of the 90 crossings and use them as throwing stars. ;D
Feel like a Mogul.

hgcHO