News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reasons for Bachmann to make a K-27

Started by Frisco, August 28, 2008, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Same with me:
The Blackstone Models are wonderful little things, and the sound really blasts you away, much more that I had expected from such a tiny engine... But I love the size and weight of On30, this is a bit more like the real thing, every step you go into the bigger scales brings you closer to the real Railroad...

Beeing a Railroader in profession here in Germany, I do have a Fn3 Bachmann Shay here on the shelf, just to look at and enjoy... If one asked me, I would desparately want to have a Bachmann Fn3 K-27 here too. This is a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Bachmann.
Now we may deserve a smaller K-27 too, don´t we??? :P :P :P

Tom ;)

ossygobbin

(Well done Bachmann.
Now we may deserve a smaller K-27 too, don´t we???)

god guys give it a rest bachman wont make this in on30.
its available elsewhere.

br549

Your right Bachmann will only produce the off  beat seldom seen .

drgw268

Quote from: br549 on September 13, 2008, 01:05:37 PM

Your right Bachmann will only produce the off  beat seldom seen .

Yep.  0-2-0's pulling 10 foot boxcars around a 12 inch curve seems to be what people want from On30.

br549

Frisco

ossygobbin

last time i looked bachman dont make 0-2-0's and 10 foot boxcars.
also not everybody is into C&S and D&RG.

br549

My modeling Brother, I think the they are referring to Porters & ore cars as far as all of the C&S and DRG goes I cant find squat for the stuff in my region. I see more "back east" RR here in the Midwest.  I aint letting up till they make one or they boot me off of here.  ;)

Quote from: ossygobbin on September 14, 2008, 04:19:32 AM
last time i looked bachman dont make 0-2-0's and 10 foot boxcars.
also not everybody is into C&S and D&RG.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

Well,  having followed this thread for several days now,  and actually contributing earlier,  let me wade in again.
       One comment that has been made more than once is the one regarding Bachmann doing an engine already done by someone else.    So what?   How many versions of the GPs and F units are on the market and continue to be added to all the time?  A manufacturer has to decided on doing a model based on assumed sales.   
        Another thought brought up is the one of the size of equipment in On30.   Right now,  from things I read on the internet and in magazines,  this scale offers more variety to satisfy customers than any other scale.
        It is fun for me to listen to all of your input and continue to dream.   Keep it up.  Remember,  Dusten never got off his horse for a 4-6-0 and you see what happened there.
        Keep it up,  this is fun!!
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

br549

How true, The squeaky wheel gets the grease ;)
Or the flange... how ever you may want to use it in the railroading business ;D

Frisco

Blackstone Models  announces C-19's in HON3 along with a long caboose. See this link, http://www.i-sng.com/HOn3/hon3.html .

Tomcat

Thanks Frisco - ´d say AMEN....

It´s not about a model already produced by others - as ebtbob already stated fully correctly about all those Diesels out there on the Market, it´s more that we would expect all these things not be built by MMI - all the correct versions available.

We got to dream on - hey: Its a hobby, its gotta be fun...
Well spoken bob and frisco and and and... Thanks folks !!! :D :D :D

Tom ;) ;) ;)

Chatzi473

I love the size for on30 but it is tempting because all those other scales have the models that I want. I just hope that ON30 one day has all those models too.

Frisco

Quote from: ebtbob on September 14, 2008, 10:29:59 AM
Good Morning All,

One comment that has been made more than once is the one regarding Bachmann doing an engine already done by someone else.    So what?   How many versions of the GPs and F units are on the market and continue to be added to all the time?  A manufacturer has to decided on doing a model based on assumed sales.   

I hate to say it but this isn't quite the same in ON30 as it is in the other sales because there are less modelers in ON30 than HO N and O standard. One way they may be able to raise the sales is to offer it in ON3 also.