News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Future Stuff

Started by Mike_AA9ZY, August 29, 2008, 01:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_AA9ZY

I was looking at your 2008 catalog this morning and was wondering if Bachmann will ever consider offering F3 and F7 engines in Milwaukee Road freight colors. You did such a great job on the U33C, capturing the orange and black colors. The photograph looks great.

Another midwestern fallen flag to model would be the Chicago Great Western. CGW was known for using long strings of those engines for freight trains. F3 and F7 engines would look great in Deramus Red.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm having fun!

Mike in Mt. Carroll, IL

DominicMazoch

THAT red.  It looked BAD on the KATY.  But I hope you get some engines for your road!

DominicMazoch

I would like to see a SD40.  You can use the SD45 frame for it.

And some unpowered units for the hood units:  GP's , SD's, U33's and EF-4's!

BTW, i ran my EF-4 at the Houston Tinplate Operaters Soc. layout.  People loved it.  In fact, on one of our layouts, we use mostly Williams power, unless a club member brings his.her own unit.  Runs like that bunny or that watch company!

Mike_AA9ZY

Hey Dominic, I forgot about the SD40's! Actually the CGW also had purple covered wagons too. I just barely remember seeing a 150 car train going through Stockton Illinois with an A-B-B-B-B-A of F3 engines. I think Bachmann could really clean up with fallen flag F units and road engines. Too bad they don't have any GP-30's or RS2's. BTW, I am buying several of the heritage SD-90's and plan on a Katy in red.

cpkoltz2002

The Milwaukee Road F3's are available in the Golden Memories line.The Milwaukee GP9's in the Traditional line looks cool,too.

Mike_AA9ZY

True. However, I would like to see them in Milwaukee Road orange and black (1960's - 1970's era). I also want to see them fix the GP9 so the color scheme is correct. The entire cab should not be black.

cpkoltz2002

I know Bachmann doesn't make SD40'S, but a SD45 painted in the final Milwaukee Hiawatha livery would be neat.You know,the one that had Milwaukee and the number on the long hood and the Hiawatha emblem on the nose.

Mike_AA9ZY

Oh man! Now you're talking! That would be so cool. I have a G scale SD40-2 with that color scheme and it's pretty.

On another tack, I was thinking that CB&Q F3's in the greyback scheme would look great too. I think WBB has an opportunity to give the other O gauge manufacturers the willies!

cpkoltz2002

No kidding.SD90's in the new Canadian Pacific Golden Beaver scheme,GP38's and SD45's in the Great Northern Big Sky Blue scheme(maybe even a F7 in those colors)more Missouri Pacific locos in all color schemes,etc.,etc.The possibilities are endless

DominicMazoch

CQ AA9YZ

The UP 1988 (Katy) is worth it.  Run it with Jerry Williams Texas Special 15' AL cars.  It is worth it!

Also got the SP unit.

There are so many great liveries out there.  (Hint:  SP/SSW F-3/7 in Black Wildow!) How about if Mr. Bachmann have a poll for units/liveries people want.  The UP Magnificent Six is something I am thinking of.  I can see units in GN in both EB and BSB.

BTW, MR. B:  Jerry Williams/WBB run great on Lionel TMCC on conv., and if you add max voltage and stall, can run them with precise speed.

DominicMazoch

And when you make SP stuff, don't forget the SSW (Cotton Belt) .  Many SP fans WILL buy SSW stuff.  Basicly, same colors, little different lettering.  Or, say a powered SD45 SP, unpowered SSW.  One could change sheels if needed.  (Exception:  SSW did NOT have U33C's.)

Mike_AA9ZY

Hey Dominic, I would love to see a picture of that Katy SD-90 and passenger cars!

73's,

Mike

DominicMazoch

Mr. B:

Do you want/like Williams products on action on layouts?  Where do we send our pics to?

AA9YZ:

Wanting on Mr. B. for photo info.   Will send via route according to Mr. B.

DominicMazoch

BTW, SSW did NOT have Train Masters, or GP38's.

SP and SSW did have (WBB line):

GM F Units.  (Black Widow and Gray with Roman Lettering)
GM GP Units.  (Black widow and Gray with Roman Lettering)
GM SD45 Units  (Gray with Roman Lettering)
GM NW2 Units (Switcher Black, Grey with Roman Lettering

ddbockwi

3rd Rail has manufactured North Shore trains (Electroliners, Greenliners, and Silverliners).  It would be great if Williams manufactured some affordable North Shore trains.