News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your Website is Terrible!

Started by stubbsO, August 31, 2008, 01:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stubbsO

You all really need to do something about it. 230 locos in the Traditional line with 24 pages, and I have to scrool through  to page 21 before I even get to the SD45's. Come on now, use your heads for cryin out loud! If someone wants to look at the Traditional line of Diesels, click that tab that opens to a list of the models, i.e. FP45, F-7's, GP's, etc. so you don't have to go through the whole mess. And I'm sure that this isn't the only example? I really miss Williams old site, it was sooooooooooo user friendly to find something, not like what there is now. So much for change for the better. Thank you for the rant, hope you fix it real soon.

OGReditor

A worthy suggestion, to be sure, but I wonder what happened to simply asking or offering a suggestion in a pleasant, reasonable, and cordial way?  There a a lot of good things to be said about the Internet, but one of the not-so-good things is how it has brought out the mean side of some folks who are involved in what is supposed to be a stress-free, relaxing, and friendly hobby.  I suppose hidden identities has something to do with it.

DominicMazoch

Actually, I got to the Williams part of the site.  there is a plave to place a key name or part number.  Just for fun, I put in SD90.  Got all the WBB SD90's.  But navigation could be easier/

But they just got the stuff.  Be glade Jerry Williams stuff is still being made.

stubbsO

Quote from: DominicMazoch on September 01, 2008, 11:13:35 PM
Actually, I got to the Williams part of the site.  there is a plave to place a key name or part number.  Just for fun, I put in SD90.  Got all the WBB SD90's.  But navigation could be easier/

But they just got the stuff.  Be glade Jerry Williams stuff is still being made.
Not so true my friend! I put in "sd-45", and it just so happens that page 2 is all "N" scale. NOW take someone on a limited budget that see's that all of page 2 items are $90 vs the $115 of "O" gauge on page 1 and there's a problem. That just the way I see it.  I type in "parts" and get 23 pages of everything, but no parts, same goes for searching "steam engines", why?
Mr. OGReditor- not to sound rough which is not my objective here but these are just a few of the many issues that I've found. Can maybe you or the head web folks dig into this matter and make at least the William's portion alot more friendly to use than it is? Maybe break down the traditional lines so that when you go there and having to look at all the diesels, sub-cat it to the types of diesels so, BAM, your there without having to spend time finding what your looking for?  Keep the "B" units with the appropriate road name "A" units instead of listing all the "A" units then the "B"s? If not, maybe add lots more items per page [like 50-75] instead of 10 so you have fewer pages to go through? I really love Williams products, but since the change, the website has been the worst, and I think not very user friendly at all. Thank you

az2rail

I entered some key words in the search box, and it took me straight to what I asked for. Sure I had to scroll a little, but it was two pages instead of the whole calalog. What's so bad about that? I've been to dozens of web-sites and had to do the same, or worse.

As far as locating parts, try the Order Parts box on the left.

There is no listing for Williams yet, which tells me Bachmann is not set up for parts for the Williams line yet

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.