Where to add weight to an HO-Scale Bachmann Spectrum F40 loco?

Started by steveeusd, September 04, 2008, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Quote from: Yampa Bob on September 07, 2008, 09:46:41 PM
I know that with my small layout, I'm missing out on the fun and challenges of mountain railroading.  All I can do is double up on the locos for a bit of realism, then slow down and pretend they are pulling a grade.  Then when I get over the hump, gradually throttle up and get up speed for the next time around.

Bob.

You don't need mountain railroading for fun.

Yampa Bob

Perhaps, but since I do live in the mountains (7,000 ft) there is no greater railfanning experience, at least for me, than to watch a freight train pull a 4% grade with 16 locomotives.

Of course I have "fun" on my small layout, but there's no such thing as "too much fun". At my age, I'll take all I can get.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rogertra

Fun, no matter how you make it, is what it's all about.

On the GER it's running 16 trains per session using car-cards and waybills for car forwarding.  Cars are interchanged and then blocked into appropriate trains.  All done as realistically as possible on a model railway without getting to far into the more complex paper work.  Hence the car-cards and waybills.

I see you're off to Denver.  Spent a great 6 days there back in 1982.  Caboose Hobbies just blew me away.  Nothing like that locally I'm afraid.  Sadly, the LHSs are a bit of a loss.

Yampa Bob

We just got back from Denver. We spent another half day at Caboose Hobbies, they have probably expanded a lot since you were there.  I had a long list of things I needed, they had every single item.

The full scale Thomas is coming to Colorado RR Museum next week, we plan another trip to see it.  Reservations for children rides are already sold out. 

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.