News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Long Caboose

Started by rslater, September 08, 2008, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rslater

Hey Bach-man

When will photos of the new long caboose be posted?

Thanks
Richard

chuckger

Rich,

Go over to the 120.me site go half way down the front page,

chuckger

calenelson

Richard...lemmie save you some time, although Durango Dan's site is not to be missed!!!

Anything you want to know about whats happening/coming in Fn3...Bachmann, AMS, etc...you can find it all here:

http://120pointme.blogspot.com/

Including a Photo Contest with some nice Bachmann Loco prizes and such!!!!

cale

John Ramsden

Great looking Cab,  :o
Not a bit like the Pacific Coast proposal back a few years ago in contest days.  Would still like to see that one come to production.  ;D
John

the Bach-man

Dear All,
That's actually a picture of the wood sample model I built and showed at a variety events over the past two years. The photo was taken by me with the caboose on my dining room table- I wonder who "John" is...?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

calenelson

Quote from: the Bach-man on September 09, 2008, 12:08:59 AM
I wonder who "John" is...?
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Don't know?  but apparently (from the photo) you did a nice job on your model!

John Ramsden

At the risk of goofing this up. I'll try to attach a picture of the original Caboose. from the contest of years ago.  It's a 55k jpeg, which should fit, if the download area for this site is not overloaded.  It was a while ago.
John

John Ramsden

??? ::)

Tried.  No  workie.

The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.

John

glennk28

Will the roof be removeable? That's one problem I see with my AMS short caboose--can't take the roof off to put the crew in.   gj

the Bach-man

Dear Glenn,
Yes, the roof comes off, but it locks on using an ingenious system of hidden clips.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

chuckger

Dear Bachman,

Can you tell me if the caboose's lighting system is track powered onley or if it can be  powered by battery too.
  The reason I'm asking is i will be running battery power.

Thanks Chuck

the Bach-man

Dear Chuck,
There are two switches under the caboose; one chooses between marker lights and table lights, either or both on or off. The other switches among battery, track, or DCC power.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

chuckger

Thank you Mr Bachman,

One more question, can you give an approximate date we will see these iat our dealers show rooms.

Thanks, Chuck

the Bach-man

Dear Chuck,
Based on the pre-production samples, we have made a couple of changes that will move the delivery date into the first quarter of '09. One of the changes will allow the modeler to remove the interior walls for super-detailing.
I promise it will be worth the wait!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

glennk28

I suggest a battery box for a couple of AA cells in a cabinet inside.  A lot of AA's have a lot of life left for lighting when they are too worn out for a flashilght--I used to have a steady supply--