News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

warranty?

Started by aky13, September 10, 2008, 12:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

Caboose Hobbies is taking a big step forward on warranty issues. If something is defective within a reasonable time, they will either refund or replace.  Their theory is the customer shouldn't have to mess with these issues, they will communicate with their distributor.

As my sales rep stated: "It's not your fault, why should you be out anything".

Their parts and repair department is growing, after 70 years in the train business.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

aky13

All you folks out there are wonderful.  I agree with the several of you who said that a warranty should mean repairs FREE of charge.  In another thread, I noted that I bought a brand new, factory sealed, Spectrum Erie diesel.  It arrived DOA because of a broken driveshaft.

Bachmann fixed it at no charge, BUT I DID have to pay for shipping to Philly.  There is something wrong with that.

The Bach Man suggests that I call customer service to request a replacement bulb.  That is a wonderful suggestion EXCEPT that NO ONE at Bachmann EVER returns phone calls to the Customer Service number.

The bridge is the 4th or 5th Bachmann item I bought that was either DOA or failed shortly after purchase.  Sounds like terrible Quality Control to me!

Arthur

Stephen D. Richards

I, just last week, called the Service Department and requested that they send me the parts needed (I actually itemized them in the request) to build a dummy Acela locomotive.  I received the parts in two days!  Checked the iventory and found that they had sent a dummy truck and a geared set.  Called Bachmann right back and they said send it back and they would replace it N/C.  I received the replacement in five days.  Costs me $1.80 to send the package back.  Total parts package was approx. $60.00 to include shipping.  No warranty issue here but the service was outstanding! In three years this was the first "mistake" Bachmann has made with me.  Just can't complain about their service.   Stephen