Main Menu

My Sodor-based Home Layout

Started by ZeldaTheSwordsman, September 13, 2008, 12:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

alex wittman

when will you show us some layout pictures? i am dying to see them

ZeldaTheSwordsman

When we finally get the frakking garage organised and knock together the table.

Santa Fe buff

Simple plywood, or a sectional layout?

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Just plywood. But the garage, the only place for the layout, is a mess. (The rolleyes emote is broken) What is it about garages...

Cheeky_ULP

We as humans find garages a good place to store random crap in awkward spots.

Santa Fe buff

We can barely walk through mine, and to think there's a 1969 Pontiac in there! Lucky my layout is in my room... Except to fumes. If I wish to paint, I have to open my door and crack the window; during winter. I love the cold, so I don't mind. Plus the cars sound nice passing by on the main street. (Along with a few Federal Qs roaring up on the fire trucks! ;)) I have this very bad liquid cement that barely attaches to anything, but I'll use it on soft plastics/fibers. After all, that crap is extremely flammable, extremely hazardous fumes, burn your eyes when you have the smell of it accidentally put into your face, and it isn't all that safe.

Hey, don't worry. Just buy a garage heater in the winter times! :) We have one, but it never got opened and had stuff on it now... Go figure.

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

jettrainfan

Pizza hut!!! hey i found sir top hat! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Here's an overdue status report. Still no tabletop layout, but lately we've finally been sorting out the bloody garage, so I might have one by Xmas. Over the summer I acquired some more rolling stock and another engine. Also a really good station kit and a signal box kit. You're probably wondering what rolling stock and which engine, so here:
*2 more trucks
*1 brakevan
*2 composite coaches
*Emily
I got Emily's coaches as a present for Xmas last year, so that's taken care of. Incidentally, Emily was slightly damaged when I took her out of her package: The screw hole for her rear bogie was stripped! I didn't discover it until she'd shown a tendency to derail for some reason. So I had to do some gluing.