Museum quailty genuine sound of the K-27 as Freeware

Started by Heinz D, September 13, 2008, 06:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz D

Based on the DCC Sounddecoder MX 690 from Zimo a museum quality sound is available. Ask Axel Tillman from www.train-li-usa.com the distributor of Zimo in USA.

I'm a hobbyist like you and I'm a member of the US G-Scale Friends in Switzerland. I've done a fine soundjob with the genuine sound of the 463,  recorded when she was running on the C&T. I've done this soundjob for another club members. I'm spending you all my job for free. You can download and flash into a MX690 or you can order an MX690 factory flashed with the K-27 sound by train-li-usa.com.

You'll find the powerfull chuff recorded at the location Cresco Tank, three different single chime whistlerecords of the 463, the swingbell, the big airpump, coalshovel, the wining generator, blower, injector. The sounds are playable, what means the whistle sounds just you relaese the button on your command control. Some sounds are doing to shorten by only a very short pushing on the button. The engine has an Auto cylinder blow down, by starting after a little waiting time, but you can operate for special effects by commandcontrol.

The 3 whistlerecords are a short, a long short, and a highway crossing

For the chuffs I'm using 20 different soundfiles. Every one listen and seeing a K-27 equipped with this sound is delighted.

It's a very simple installation. You don't need a cam. All is made with the precision of a Swiss Watch and the internal cam is up to 99% synchron 4 chuffs per revolve.

The DCC sound is also ajustable for operating by DC power and 3 inputs allows to operate 3 effects without DCC operation.

Ask Mr Tillman or ask me.

Behind the Zimo Sounddecoder is the Zimo Largetraindecoder MX69 strong for 5 Amps with peaks to 8 Amps. This decoder is very smooth driving the K-27, like a precious clockwork. You can add a powercapacitor with 22mF and your K-27 will run 3-5 inch without a powerconnecting by track. Forgett all you erver heard about pickup problems till now.

Have fun

Heinz

I've another soundjobs for the little Porter, another small engine, for the Bachmann Climax inclouding the idle of the gears tooth and I'm under construction with soundjobs for the Heisler, the Mallet as a Compound. I'm in discussion with the development dep. of Zimo how to do a real assynchron operating simple articulated with 2 x 4 chuffs.

Peter O

How about uploading a example of the finished product to youtube so we can judge for oursleves?

Peter.

Heinz D

Good idea Peter, but I wrote, I've done this soundjob for club members. One of these two engine owners is on a Railfantrip in the USA just to the end of November and the another one has no car and need to take the big Box in the public train to meet me and let run his engine on my layout. The last point I have no camcorder.
I'll see what I can do to let you hear a soundsample.

Listen the Bachmann large scale tree truck Shay with DCC Sound onboard. The quality of my design for the K-27 is similar or better as the onboard sound of the Shay

On the Zimo plattform you don't need to configure the soundjob, but you are free to customize every detail with hundreds of programming switches. But don't forgett to read the book before.....

Heinz

bobgrosh

WOW! Thanks for taking the time to make this freeware.

Where is the link to download it.
I looked at the TrainLi link, but do not see a download for it.

BoB