Is there a good chance for the E.T.&.W.N.C 10-Wheeler coming out this year?

Started by Dusten Barefoot, February 03, 2007, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusten Barefoot

Mr. Bachmann i just read a others wish list and amoung the messages was a post by you stating that there will be new On30 items comming out and i would like to know if one of those items is gonna be the E.T.&.W.N.C 10-Wheeler?
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Lee Carlson

That's why there are on line dictionaries and spell check, Dusten, so that you can spell and type correctly.

Lee
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

Dusten Barefoot

Ok it is about time some one answerd my (dag on) message  cause I am getting alittle fustraded that people are skimming over this thing and not letting me know about the loco.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Jeff in NJ

C.S.R.R. Manager

Dustin, no one outside of Bachmann knows anything about what's coming out this year.  The best we can offer is a suggestion, or hopeful speculation.  And the Bachmann crew seems to be better than the CIA at keeping these things quiet.  The only thing close to a leak is Walthers. 

So, until Bachmann makes another announcement, we just don't know.  But a 10-Wheeler would be great.

Larry S.

Larry S.

Freshwater Models

Let's hope a ten wheeler is comming in the future.  An ET&WNC would be interesting indeed.  Although there seems to be a slant by Bachmann toward the "made for export"  and  Eastern locos I would also like to see a Colorado ten wheeler.    One problem with ten wheelers though, is that they don't like tight radius curves so they would need 22"+ radius.   I don't see that as a problem but Bachmann and some customers might.
Jack Mc Kie

Freshwater Models

Craftsman Kits - Bachmann Trains - NCE DCC - And More

Dusten Barefoot

Folks I am sorry about my secand commint up there i was having some problems with my 2-6-0 and i was about to through the thang across the river and build my own, but hay if any one knows why the head lamp only comes for mabey a minute or so till I push the thing cross the tracks.
done checked wires
done checked cleaning
done checked every thing
Do not want to take apart
Do not want to take it to a service thin
inform me if any thin I can do about it
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

the Bach-man

Dear Dusten,
I already said I'd post the first quarter releases this week. Anything beyond that, whether I know the answer or not, will not be posted. Sometimes I know (indeed, sometimes I'm actually building the item) and sometimes I don't, but I'm not going to tell you until it's time. There are many requested items; we can only do so many each year. Nagging won't change anything.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Woody Elmore

If you are new to this board you know that almost every narrow gauge locomotive ever made has been suggested for production. The Tweetsie ten wheeler is a good candidate because bachmann should already have plans and drawings. Others have been pushing for a 4-4-0 while I (and a few others) would like to see an EBT mikado. Then there are the requests for small rodded and geared engines.

Keep in mind that three foot gauge engines, properly scaled, when put next to the current Bachmann line would be awfully large.

mmiller

Quote from: Woody Elmore on February 06, 2007, 01:58:32 PM

Keep in mind that three foot gauge engines, properly scaled, when put next to the current Bachmann line would be awfully large.

well...I don't know about that ;)
...the original Mogul is a pretty accurate model of a 3' gauge loco and it looks pretty good with most of the Bachmann freight cars (which are also based on 3' gauge prototypes)

sure the Bachmann On30 Porter would be dwarfed by a big D&RGW K-36 (or one of the larger EBT Mikes), but that doesn't have much to do with the track gauge they were built to run on ;)
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Woody Elmore

True that the Mogul and Bachmann cars are accuracte reproductions of three foot gauge equipment but the prototypes are small.

I have a C&BT EBT three bay On3 hopper. It looms over Bachmann cars.

What I should have said is that the Bachmann people will choose a locomotive that is small, in keeping with the rest of the line and hopefully one that will have a broad appeal.

I like the Tweetsie engine and it would definitely be a good choice. They also would do well with an American (4-4-0) type.

Lee Carlson

Translation, please:

"Folks I am sorry about my secand commint up there i was having some problems with my 2-6-0 and i was about to through the thang across the river and build my own, but hay if any one knows why the head lamp only comes for mabey a minute or so till I push the thing cross the tracks.
done checked wires
done checked cleaning
done checked every thing
Do not want to take apart
Do not want to take it to a service thin
inform me if any thin I can do about it"
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

shayman

Hi Dusten
I have a 2-6-0 also that does the same thing. I feel that it is in the bulb not the wiring. Remember these engines use the old fashion bulbs and not the led ones.
shayman
Logging up Deep Creek

Dusten Barefoot

I have already checked every thing the instructions say to do. What could be the problem with the engine not going when the throttel is pulled up to the hi-ball position (100 on the dial). It'll start when i nudge it forwerd a bit.
Let me know if any solutions pop up, but until then Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten
www.tweetsierailroad.com
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten