News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old dead horse

Started by The Old Fardt, September 21, 2008, 04:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Quote from: Woody Elmore on September 24, 2008, 09:57:51 AM
Sorry my prattling on and on for an EBT engine raised your hackles.

Woody

I don't object to you asking for an EBT engine even though I have no interest in one. My objection was to the practice of hijacking a thread on one topic to campaign for something different. This has become a common practice on this board and I find it annoying. You are by no means the worst offender, my comment was on the practice in general, not your post in particular (apart from it being an example of this).

Hamish

Royce Wilson

A good friend of mine,Mal Ferrell(Mallory Hope Ferrell) once said" there is no such thing as a ugly narrow gauge steam engine"

build it Bachmann!!

Royce Wilson

Frisco

If you did a West Side Locomotive I would get one (might have to do a little switching layout for it) how-ever I would still prefer a Colorado locomotive.

C.S.R.R. Manager

With any of these discussions, it helps to remember two things.  OK, three:

1. It usually takes 2-3 years to get a loco from idea to a finished product.  So, Bachmann probably knows what they will be making up through 2010 or 2011.

2. One of the reasons Bachmann pays for and monitors this board is to hear what folks like us think, to help guide their decisions beyond 2011.  It's called market research.

3. Being obnoxious does not help get your suggestion to the front of the line.  Polite persistence does.

Manager

The Old Fardt

3. Being obnoxious does not help get your suggestion to the front of the line.  Polite persistence does.

Oh really ?

TOF

C.S.R.R. Manager

You're right, O.F., I didn't phrase that very well.  Polite persistence helps, in my opinion, but it's not the only factor in Bachmann's decision process.  My point was that polite persistence is probably preferred over pestering as a way to make your wishes known. 

morrisf

I think a thousand people each asking once for something would probably bring better response than one person asking a thousand times.

amdaylight

When I talked to Lee in Portalnd about the Heisler it sounded like the Heisler was pretty far down the list to maybe not even on it. :(

I Really liked the new 4-6-0 ;D :o  that is coming, why it is not coming with sound is beyond me though.

Keep pestering maybe we can move the Heisler up the list.

Andre

steinked

I switched from H0n30 to 0n30 because Bachmann made the Shay available at an affordable price. I was happy when they offered the Climax. To me it is obvious to complete the set of geared engines with a Heisler and I don't understand why Bachmann hesitates to give us one. Requests for a Heisler have been posted in the old Bachmann forum (by me as well) years ago and ever since.

Mr. B.: There are lots of industrial narrow gaugers waiting for something different than an American or a Ten Wheeler or Colorado main line steam: Please, fill the gap and build the Heisler!

Dieter Steinke

Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

br549

How about a Locomotive & rolling stock  " wish list" being compiled as a whole rather then small random requests that end up in turmoil being ignored . Here is a sample of my idea, get the idea fellow modelers to agree on what we would all want to request with no sour childish comments allowed "A basic list" with no first or last to be produced by the listing #.  We need a  spokesperson for the job that has the dignity and the diplomacy for such .   Do we have any volunteers? :)
Here is a sample of such...
1. 2-6-0
2. Heisler
3.K27
4. ten wheeler
5. framed tank car

Royce Wilson

What I don't understand is the people asking for a K-27 in On30?

that was a standard gauge engine converted to narrow gauge and the track needs all the width it can get or the engine will look silly like its going to tip over.
a lot of people entered into this scale because of the ease of modeling,I could not stand building a turnout!  but now RTR turnouts are made in On3.

2-6-0...we allready have one, there has been a lot of talk of updating this model, but if Bachmann does this do we loose a inexpensive entry level engine?

Heisler...no argumen here

tenwheeler, has allready been anounced. I think when this engine hits the market there will be a lot of happy people,this is a pretty engine!

framed tank car, no argument. make the framless while you are at it.

I would like to add one to the list, the Aussie Puffing Billy was beautiful Baldwin tank engine that was 30" it will be at home on allmost any little railroad.
I will agree with the last poster. I don't know where the shay ranks on sales, but that is one nice engine. just think 10 years ago you had to pay around a grand or more to own one....are we spoiled? ::)

Royce Wilson

The Old Fardt

I guess for one, I should have made the title of this topic, Old Dead Iron Horse.
But that is hind sight..

I never mind the hijacking of threads or subjects as something just might come out of it that's good.

Really strange that B-mann made all three loggers in Goofy Gauge in relative short time span. And On30 ?

Well I can wait as there is no other choice in this matter.
NO whimpers or whining. :'(

TOF

Frisco

Quote from: Royce Wilson on September 27, 2008, 11:03:21 AM
What I don't understand is the people asking for a K-27 in On30?

that was a standard gauge engine converted to narrow gauge and the track needs all the width it can get or the engine will look silly like its going to tip over.
a lot of people entered into this scale because of the ease of modeling,I could not stand building a turnout!  but now RTR turnouts are made in On3.

2-6-0...we allready have one, there has been a lot of talk of updating this model, but if Bachmann does this do we loose a inexpensive entry level engine?
Royce Wilson
1. don't have space or money for ON3    2. $160 dollars is not an entry level locomotive if you ask me(although it is cheeper than a lot of the other locomotives) but still there are a lot more people that want an up-graded one compared to those who won't pay for it. If it were to go any-thing like it has in HO it wouldn't raise the price much more than a few dollars to add DCC.

Royce Wilson

I guess there is really no intrest in the puffing billy engine so I guess I will just be quite about it. ???

Royce Wilson

Frisco

Quote from: Royce Wilson on September 27, 2008, 08:02:33 PM
I guess there is really no intrest in the puffing billy engine so I guess I will just be quite about it. ???

Royce Wilson
Must of us don't have any insterest but that does not mean you should give up.