News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

is the mallet dead?

Started by spla13, September 21, 2008, 02:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spla13

mr bachmann, i have heard that the mallet will not be produced now. is this true or is this just a sick joke? if it is still going to be made when can we brake into our local hobby store late at night and steal one? i mean when can we go purchase one?

Hamish K

Did you hear this from the same source that told you Bachmann was producing a 1.20.3 U-50-B?

In the announcement Bachmann stated that it would be due in November, no doubt the Bach Man can give an update.

Hamish

Steve Stockham

The Mallet IS going to be produced. They have a prototype model that they have shown at shows. It's not still in the concept stage as was the case with the Vulcan. Rest assured that it WILL be produced.

az2rail

I hope it is produced, I have one preordered.

The cover of Timbertimes #43 has a nice picture of a 2-6-6-2T on it. This will be a great looking engine.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I have never seen so many absurd rumors surrounding a model!
It will be produced, it is, at this writing, expected by year's end, and we are not trying to "design out" any after-market control system- quite the contrary!
Never fear, it will arrive!
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Is there any thought to what the MSRP might be?  Similar to the K-27?  What about the initial discount price, if any?  Thanks a million!

Best Wishes,

Jack

Kevin Strong

Quote from: the Bach-man on September 21, 2008, 10:30:23 PM
Dear All,
I have never seen so many absurd rumors surrounding a model!...

So, it's not going to be available in Santa Fe "Warbonnet"?  ;D

Later,

K

Lee Carlson

Shucks!  Too bad no Warbonnet ???

At least we can all hope for another
inappropriate Bumblebee!  ;D
Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

chuckger

Hey Jack,

Latest issue of G R, St Aubin has the mallet listed at $599.00

chuck

az2rail

According to the Backmann newsletter, the MSRP is $1250.00. And like Chuck just said, St Aubins is asking $599. But that is with a $50.00 non-refundable deposit right now.

Bruce

spla13

i did not get this from the u-50 guy, but the u-50 guy said that the mallet was going to be painted in sp daylight colors or sunkist orange soda colors only in the usa.

az2rail

I think you should find a new source for your information. The mallet will not be orange, or in daylight colors.

The Bach-man is right, there seems to be a lot of absurd rumors about this engine.

Bruce

jsmvmd

Dear Chuck & Bruce,

Nice round number!  Thanks a million!

Best Wishes,

Jack

Steve Stockham

How about the one where it starts out, "I never thought this would ever happen to me..." Guys, I really think that this thread is not doing anything!! Any speculation now wouldn't be taken seriously anyhow!  :P

spla13

Bruce, get a grip. the u-50 thing was a joke. although maybe inside, so was the road names mentioned. sorry for any confusion. bob.