News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-4-0 davinport review

Started by spla13, September 25, 2008, 03:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spla13

i received a new 1.20.3 davinport yesterday from just trains (not where the con man St.jason is vice pres.) i greased the gear box,oiled side rods and axles beforehand. the little thing ran better than  i thought it would although it does not like non powered switch frogs. i had just cleaned my indoor track with my new track scrubber from r&l lines (they work great!) it ran fine for about 10 min. and needed another cleaning but after that it seemed fine. it runs alot better than a plymouth that is being fixed as i speak. overall,its a nicely detailed heavy for its size as good as it gets for a 0-4-0 engine. if it had sliders it would run as good as a lgb 0-4-0. for 161.00 deliverd, you cant beat it. put it on a track with no switches if no power at them bothers you.

Jon D. Miller

There has been a Davenport on the CD&StL property for a couple of weeks.  Nice little engine.

http://www.grblogs.com/index.php/2008/09/12/bachmann-davenport-gas-mechanical-switch?blog=4

Here's a link to a short report on the Davenport and a video of the engine with two cars in tow.

" One of the Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

charon

Jon,
Excellent video, excellent layout.
Thanks for sharing.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Paul W.

Happy Steamin'

Paul

spla13

seems like J.D's davenport isnt as picky as mine with dirty track. bob