News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lincoln Funeral train

Started by toklap, October 01, 2008, 12:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toklap

Dear Bach Man,  Is there any word of seeing a HO scale Lincoln Funeral Train Set in commeration of next year's Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial? I know of some Lincoln buffs who would like to see such a set. Sincerely, Tom

the Bach-man

Dear Tom,
It's been suggested and discussed, but I'm not aware of anything further.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Santa Fe buff

I would think they would probably think of making it, but you'll have to wait if they do even consider it. They are busy with a ton of current projects, but don't lose all your hope, but just don't get it too high. ;)
- Joshua Bauer

Soo Line Railfan

You might wish to check out this model of the train:  http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/news/train.htm

Twenty different locos were used in the funeral train so you probably would have quite a choice in available models from which to choose for motive power.

Terry Toenges

Didn't some company do Lincoln funeral cars quite a while back?
Feel like a Mogul.

jayl1

Quote from: Terry Toenges on October 03, 2008, 11:28:36 AM
Didn't some company do Lincoln funeral cars quite a while back?

I believe AHM (Associated Hobby Manufacturers) - now IHC - did them many years ago.

Daylight4449

You know, I have never seen one but I have a lincoln funeral car by ahm I got from my grandpa

BIG BEAR

Hey Guys check this: From the Hawthorne Village Collectables sight,
  http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-917342.jsp?_Trains/_prod/_/_/_132/_1063/_/_Y&endeca=true&abbr=trai

I guess my questions would be: Does Bachmann still make this stuff for Hawthorne? If so is this something new having an american 4-4-0 Locomotive? Is this an HO set as stated? (I don't see bachmann making passenger cars like this in HO.) OR is this an On30 set with a 4-4-0 (which I also have never seen) HMMMM Puzzleing!
    I hope Bachmann can give a clear and complete explanation. Thanks.
          Enjoy,
            Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Santa Fe buff

Hawthorne Village, I'm not surprised...

BIG BEAR,
I think they have some sort of agreement, for they always supply Nickel Silver E-Z Track and a very smart-looking Spectrum power pack to boot. My uncle got something from them once, it's very nice.

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Daylight4449 on October 24, 2008, 05:13:51 PM
You know, I have never seen one but I have a lincoln funeral car by ahm I got from my grandpa

Rivarossi of Italy supplied AHM (which, I believe, is now IHC) with the 16-wheel Lincoln funeral car back in the 1970s. Rivarossi also supplied AHM's Virginia & Truckee locomotives and rolling stock.

I've had one of the funeral cars since I was a kid, back in the '70s. I believe today the models are pretty rare. I've seen them go for heaps of money when they come up for auction on eBay.

The beginning of this week I won one, which will be by second Lincoln car, for a mere $26 USD. I'm still scratching my head over how that happened.  ???

SteamGene

It says, "HO."  Do note that each car (which may include extra track, or something like that) costs $69.00. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

BIG BEAR

Yes Gene,
   Also don't forget the $8.99 for shipping each.
   I just don't see these cars in HO do you? or can Bachmann not reply due to anticipation?

Enjoy,
            Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: BIG BEAR on March 12, 2009, 02:56:00 AM
Hey Guys check this: From the Hawthorne Village Collectables sight,
  http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-917342.jsp?_Trains/_prod/_/_/_132/_1063/_/_Y&endeca=true&abbr=trai

I guess my questions would be: Does Bachmann still make this stuff for Hawthorne? If so is this something new having an american 4-4-0 Locomotive? Is this an HO set as stated? (I don't see bachmann making passenger cars like this in HO.) OR is this an On30 set with a 4-4-0 (which I also have never seen) HMMMM Puzzleing!
    I hope Bachmann can give a clear and complete explanation. Thanks.
          Enjoy,
            Barry

The engine looks like Bachmann's "Jupiter" to me, and the cars look like the Bachmann old-time passenger cars.

derricknscaler

i just read a old railroad book over that todayi tought it would be cool to have an n scale model of if bachmenn comes out with one i will deffently get one i like old 4-4-0s

GlennW

Quote from: derricknscaler on March 13, 2009, 08:23:43 PM
i just read a old railroad book over that todayi tought it would be cool to have an n scale model of if bachmenn comes out with one i will deffently get one i like old 4-4-0s

I'd like to see Bachmann upgrade & update the Old Timer lines. New cars, new Americans, etc.