WHAT IS TITEST RADIUS CURVE SPECTRUM CARS WILL TAKE??

Started by BIG SNOWMAN, February 22, 2007, 04:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG SNOWMAN

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW  HOW TIGHT I CAN MAKE THE RADIUS ON MY ON30 CURVES USING THE SPECTRUM CARS. WOULD LIKE TO GO DOWN TO 10" IF POSSIBLE.

Rich R

Doubtful really  but might I ask what you plan on hauling them with even if you do get them to negotiate a 10 inch radius? There is a post on this board on the minimum radius for Bachmann locomotives. Try the search feature and see if it pops up.

OK it's on this same section on page 3 I believe. Tim Anders answered the question. Look for  Scales / On30 / Re: 15-inch radius for geared locos?

Mostly harmless,
Rich R

eric

The link below should take you to a minimum radius guide compiled by members of the Yahoo Group ON30 Conspiracy.

http://www.geocities.com/loggingloco1/NineMile/On30Loco_n_Car_Radius.PDF

Hope this helps.

Eric Root

Whatlep

Hi -from personal experience I can confirm that the 0-4-0 diesels and both the Bachmann mine/ore car types will run fine on 10 inch radius track (I use pre-formed track by German manufacturer Fleischmann for that radius).   

I've also experimented successfully with kit bogie vehicles from Black Dog Mining Co and Rio Grande models, at least up to a scale 20 feet in length.   In all cases, bogie vehicles use Bachmann bogies/trucks and using Kadee #5 couplers.