News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gerbils on a train!

Started by GG1onFordsDTandI, July 13, 2013, 11:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG1onFordsDTandI

I guess this isn't exactly brand new but I had never seen it before :D. Its an ad for kids oral health ;D.
Gerbils are so cool 8).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KslvqfKLqNc

phillyreading

I saw this one a few minutes ago on OGR, but it's still a good video!  8) ;D
Are the trains G gauge? The gerbils look about right for that size.
At first I thought it was S gauge but the rail connectors didn't match for S.

Lee F.

Jerrys HO

Nice GG1
Always wondered who was playing with my trains at night. ;D

Jerry

Doneldon

GG1-

Those gerbils are actually mice (gerbils have tiny tails and are agouti colored) but they
look great on those trains. What an eye-catching commercial, for a good cause.
                                                                                                                     -- D

Jerrys HO

Doneldon

Jerry-

I stand corrected. My awareness of gerbils goes back to when I ran a psych lab as an undergraduate in the ... well, let's just say before this century ... and we had agouti gerbils which was the only kind then, other than albino white, of course. Mostly we had hundreds of rats because the Intro Psych students had to do a rat conditioning "experiment" and there was a crew of upper-level psych majors who proctored the intro kids and took care of the lab. I had a rat that I taught to play How Dry I Am on a toy piano to get a drop of water but that was in a prior life and it has nothing to do with trains, as far as I can discern. So I'll stop this little trip down memory lane.
                                                                                                                         -- D

Jerrys HO

D
I wish you could train mine to at least park my trains when they are done. ::)
When I was younger I thought it was fun to watch them play around in their cage until a couple of months later I had at least 50 of them. That was the end of gerbils for pets.

Jerry

jbrock27

I like to see a cat enter the scene.... :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

GG1onFordsDTandI

I got a huge grin out of this. You see I was once 9, owned a "L-postwar" train, and gerbils. So this is not a totally original idea, I did it too. But still funny. Corny, but funny. My parakeet "Peepers" used to ride the rails with them too, perched on the cupola, no encouragement needed. Then again, that bird dive bombed the gerbils, balance-walked their on the gerbil exercise balls, walked the Habitrail tubes, fought your fork for scrambled eggs on Sundays, and just for kicks landed on and rode the running ceiling fan (on low), nicknamed him "Evel K-Peepers". He would often lose his grip and smack the wall, drop to the floor, chirp, ruffle his feathers, and do it again. Yep Evel... Oh,.. Yes, sometimes 2 gerbils do turn into 15 gerbils, then 30, then 60, and it all happens very, very quickly. Also, they weren't as pretty but didn't seem to bite as often as hamsters did, good little pets.