Results of desired On30 geared locomotive poll on On30 Consipracy

Started by ksivils, October 20, 2008, 05:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finderskeepers

ksivils

An On30 version of the U.S. Signal Corps Heisler would be a dream!  The only possible way to improve it, and then only possibly, would be a cabbage stack!

I vote for this Heisler!

Linzthom

Oh , oh, oh !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I'm in love. !!!!! Yes, yes please!!!! 
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

darryl1936

Yup   that looks like a Heisler I could use but I'm still not going to hold my breath waiting indefinitely for the engine.

Some day, maybe I'll have one or two...

The oldfardt in Oregun

Frisco

That does not really look like something that I would want. Not trying to stir it up( well maby just a little ;D) but I would really like something more like a West Side Locomotive.

max (uk)

I like the look of the two pictures posted and the idea of a west side one. So im really not fussed. Because im that desperate!

But surely if a Heisler is going to come out in 2009 or 2010. Bachmann must have desided what type it was going to be quite a wile ago.

I really hope it isnt like the G scale one. Hate the counterweights on that.

But I may be in luck because the On30 shay and climax dont look like the G scale ones...

Frisco

Also,I was thinking, that a really cool one would be the one that they have at Sumpter Valley.

ossygobbin

max (uk)

That is true... But im not sure about the proportions eather.

Dusten Barefoot

I hear the ten wheelers are coming in all sorts of schemes like the g-scale ones. If the heisler is to be like the G-scale ones I would bet there would be one with counter weights and the other with none. ;) Its a win win....Hopefully ;D
Rock ON!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Hamish K

One of the Bachmann Large Scale Heislers, with outside counterweights, is for Lukens Steel. Lukens Steel had 2 Heislers - for 30 inch gauge! How close they were to the Bachmann LS model I don't know - the outside counterweights seems quite likely for a 30 inch gauge locomotive. In any case I agree with Dusten, it would be nice if Bachmann made both versions (assuming they make a Heisler at all that is).

Hamish