News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann DDC On Board Locomotive Problem

Started by mfk0, March 12, 2007, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfk0

I bought this machine for my layout. As usual it is a nice example of Bachmann quality even though it is cheap.

The problem is that when I place it on my programming track I get an error when I try to read the CV's. I have a Digitrax DCS 50 and everything else works with my other locomotives. Spectrum, Athearn and Proto 2000.

What's up? is there something different about this locomotive and how it is programmed. By the way it does work out as addressed 03. I want it addressed by its number like the rest of my locos.

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Hunt

Workaround required.

To program the Bachmann decoder using a Digitrax Zephyr, place a 1000 Ohm resistor across the programming track. Remove the resistor after you do all the programming.

Stephen D. Richards

Hunt, when placing the resister, do you just wire across the tracks or do you attach it to one rail and the correspnding power lead?  I only have an EZ Command so far but plan to extensively upgrade in the near future.  I want to build a seperate programing track.  thanks    Stephen

Tim

Stephen

Attach the resistor across the rails.

Tim
Souderton, Pa

Hunt

Stephen,
When using a Digitrax Zephyr command station, you can attach a 1000-Ohm resistor across the programming track rails if you wish; but, just lay it across is all that is needed. Makes it easier to remove the resistor once you finish programming the Bachmann decoder.

Do not use a 1000-Ohm resister across the programming track if you are using a Bachmann Command Control Center.

To create a programming track for use with a Bachmann Command Control Center, connect a 100-Ohm 10W resistor in series with one track power wire. Remember you must use isolated (best to use separate sections) track for a programming track.