News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

FP45's

Started by DominicMazoch, October 16, 2008, 11:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominicMazoch

I would like to see the FP45 in:

Original ATSF passenger, with SMALL ATSF lettering.  These could be used to pull some early Amtrak trains running on ATSF.

Amtrak never had the FP45's, but the '45 could be used as a stand in for the SDP40F.  I would like to see onw with the arrows on the side as they came out in 1973.

Thanks!

cpkoltz2002

Great Northern Big Sky Blue,Milwaukee Road and the two Canadian roads would probably sell also.

cpkoltz2002

I forgot.The Burlington Northern had FP45's also.

Mike_AA9ZY

I would love to have an FP45 in Milwaukee Road freight colors (orange & black). Come to think of it, F7's in those colors would rock too!

Trainman702

I agree with one of the inputs.  Williams by Bachmann should make an FP-45 in Great Northern Sky Blue and Burlington Northern.  I will buy them both as I model in GN, BN, and BNSF.

DominicMazoch

MILW questions:

Did the MILW use the FP45's on early Amtrak trains?  If so, I would be interested in the yellow version.

Also, I did see a F40 at chicago Union in the mide 1970's.  I know they were built for the chicago Bi-Levels.  Were they ever in yellow, or in the colors of the varios commuter districts, RTA, then METRA?

Thanks.

MR B:

How about some bilevels?  SP ones behind a Blak widow TM would be a killer passenger set!

cpkoltz2002

I know they were in the RTA/Metra colors.The Milwaukee FP45's were in orange and black.They were used in freight service on the Rocky Mountain Division.

Mike_AA9ZY

The Milwaukee FP45's were painted in UP colors originally for the join UP-Milw "City of ... Trains". FP45's (in Orange & Black Milw freight colors) used to appear at the Savanna Illinois roundhouse occasionally in the 1970's.

Speaking of Savanna, Illinois:

The Burlingon Northern (which also ran through Savanna and continues as BNSF) used to occasionally have F45 engines in BN colors and Big Sky Blue Great Northern. BTW, I model Milwaukee Road but the BN merger color combinations were something to see!

Frisco

I know that you would prefer Williams By Bachmann, but MTH just announced this locomotive in their Railking line for 2009.

Mike_AA9ZY

Actually I thought the MTH F45 was the Premier line, not the RailKing.

Frisco

http://www.railking1gauge.com/catalog/catalogweb/pdfs/2009v1 RK Diesel.pdf . They may have made it in the Premier line but this year it is in the Railking Scale Line. It is the first locomotive on the page of the link above.

Mike_AA9ZY

You were correct! And in the correct colors, too.