News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

need some help

Started by acemanjay, October 29, 2008, 01:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acemanjay

DCC Sound-Equipped K4 4-6-2 Pacific

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1896

Road Name: Pennsylvania Multistripe (1920s)

i just got this new loco and it sounds great and runs great the only problem is when it runs over the turnouts the tender derails and im not sure why also this is my first loco with sounds and im not quite sure how to program the sounds and im not sure if i can cause i only have a e-z command any tips and helpfull hunts would be much appreciated thanks for all your help ]

p.s i would like to add the pic but i dont know how lol

grumpy

Your problem is most likely your turnout. Make sure it is fastened securely and flat to the base.
Don

Yampa Bob

Ace,
Your questions would be better received and acknowledged if you used standard English, including capitalization, punctuation, and paragraph structure.

This is not a "texting" forum.

Thanks
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

acemanjay

Im sorry but im only 11 and we are still learning.I didnt think all that was important when asking a question about trains.Im very sorry yampa bob

Yampa Bob

No apology needed, just trying to help you communicate more effectively.

As mentioned, turnouts need to be properly installed and fastened down.

There are 2 other possible causes of tender derails.  First, make sure the drawbar isn't lifting the front of the tender. You may have to bend the bar a little, so it rides in the center of the post. You can secure the bar to the post with a short piece of 1/16" inside diameter, model car/airplane silicone fuel tubing.

Tenders usually can benefit by adding about 1/2 ounce of lead weight inside.  Stick on weights are available from auto parts or hobby stores, they come as a long bar, "perforated" in 1/4 ounce increments. Be careful to not disturb any wiring, and be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling lead weights.

You received a diagram with your loco, if you need help taking the tender shell off to add the weight, someone will advise you, but try the drawbar fix first.

With the EZ Command controller, you can only activate a few sounds. Hit the function button, and the light beside the address you are using (default #3 or whatever number to which you have changed the address) will flash on and off.  While the light is flashing, try hitting button #1 through #7. Button #8 will turn the sound off, #10 will toggle the lights on and off.

Some sounds, such as the whistle, come on when you hit the number button, and stay on until you hit the button again.  When running the locomotive, leave the light flashing all the time while experimenting with the sounds. Hit the function button again to exit function mode, but don't hit any other buttons unless you intend to access another locomotive's address. You can only access the various sounds while the light is flashing.

Congratulations on owning such a beautiful locomotive. You can run it on my layout anytime.  :D

Welcome to Model Railroading, and have fun. If you have any more questions, please ask.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

acemanjay

I think i found the problem, i think its my turn outs im pretty sure the springs are worn out.
my loco doesnt have a draw bar like my other locos have they have some new of coupling.

And i thank you for in invite to your layout but i live in canada so i dont think ill be making the trip but id love to see pics of your layout since in in the middle of tring to make my own layout

As far as my age i was just joking when i said im 11 cause im really 27 lol, but any help with my layout and locos would be very helpfull and i have lots of questions

grumpy

There are a number of members of this forum from Canada including myself . What Province are you in ?  Don