News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO set "Golden Spike" item # 46222

Started by Dad_bjr, October 30, 2008, 04:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad_bjr

Dear Williams by Bachmann,

My mom recently passed and I came across a train set "Golden Spike". The UPS postmark is from 1989. I traveled your web site and found a "Golden Spike" set, but this one is different. The box is from Bachmann, but it was delivered from the Union Pacific in Omaha, NE. Can you help with any information on this set? Again the item # with this set is 46222.

Thanks for any help,
Dad_bjr

3rail

Hello:

Can you be a little more specific.  What would you like to know about the set?

Regards,
3Rail

Dad_bjr

Thanks for the reply, I looked at the set that was offered on this site and the set I have is different. I have 6 cars and engine. The set here is 163 pieces, mine not that many. I have a 51' Mechanical Steel Reefer, at which I can not find on the site. I can not find my engine on the site. The # on the box is AA41067501 and most all the cars have no #s on them. So I am trying to figure out if I have the same thing or some thing different. I am also looking to put a price on the set.

Does this help?
Thanks again for your time
Dad_bjr

Dad_bjr

3Rail, sorry after looking, the reefer does have a item # 43-1009-01 and the 41' Wood Stock Car is item # 43-1015-01, these all are Union Pacfic cars. I also have a log car with Georgia Pacific and a tank car w/CYANAMID logo. There is also a rock/coal hopper car & of course a caboose w/Union Pacific # 207. The track is a over and under blinking bridge.

Sorry for not looking before writing!
Dad_bjr

3rail

For prices I would recommend searching completed auctions on eBay. That will give you its true value.  I will try to research the year it was prodcued next week and will post info if I find something.   

Regards,
3rail

Dad_bjr

3rail, again thanks for your time! I will ck ebay.

Have a great weekend!
Dad_bjr

3rail

Hello Dad_bjr ,

The Golden Spike set has been in our product line for many years under several item numbers. I looked through our catalog archives and could not find the Golden Spike set with that item number.  It is possible that it was a special set for a store or private catalog.

I started with 1989 and worked backwards.  We did not print item numbers or prices in some of the older catalogs.  The 1986 catalog listed item number 40-175 The Golden Spike set at a suggested retail of $59.00.

It included a UP GP-40 loco, a Great Northern blue flat car with logs, a yellow Chessie System box car, a silver Southern gondola, a SP red box car (could be the mechanical reefer that you mentioned, I cannot tell from the photo or description) and a UP center cupola caboose.

That's all the info I could find.

Regards,

3rail

Dad_bjr

3rail, again thanks for your time! I am starting  to think this was a Union Pacific deal. As both my grandfathers retired from UP. I am thinking since it was shipped form UP out of Omaha, NE and all  but 2 of the cars are UP. So again thanks.

Dad_bjr

PS Would there be a special catalog for UP cars? As I have not been able to find the ones I have on the web site.