News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 with sound on DC layout

Started by zephyr guy, November 01, 2008, 03:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephyr guy

I have not heard the sound system on the 2-6-6-2 and would like to get one. But before I do, I operate DC analog and wonder how the features operate? What sounds do you get on DC? Is there a special controller needed to operate the sounds? I have a friend that has some Lifelike/Walthers engines and he has a Quantum controller to operate sounds. Will this work on the 2-6-6-2?

Thanks,

GN.2-6-8-0

the sound should be a modified Tsunami  which is a very good sound system and yes you might be able to use a special add on controller  not sure...... you will be able to hear the most basic sounds using DC. However to hear the full range of sounds, you 'll need to go with a  DCC  system.
Rocky Lives

Santa Fe buff

Yes, I would trade in Direct Power for Direct Power Control. DC powered layouts are pretty good, but if you'd like to have a varity of things that locomotives can do, I would go off a and invest in a good DCC system.

Good luck.
- Joshua Bauer

Conrail Quality

Santa Fe,

DC stands for direct current, (as opposed to alternating current, AC). DCC stands for Digital Command Control. Just a friendly correction, please don't take it as an insult.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

As was stated,  the sound system in the Bachmann 2-6-6-2 should be Tsunami technology,  a modified Tsunami decoder.    I would contact Soundtraxx and ask them if any of the available controllers that allows full sound functions for the QSI systems(found in Broadway and Atlas engines) will also work with their decoders.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org