News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

my dunkirk kitbash finally finished

Started by altterrain, March 13, 2007, 08:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

I finally finished up my dunkirk kitbash. I had posted it on the old forum. Its made from a cut down Bachmann gondola, Ten wheeler cab and diecast shay trucks. The boiler was scratchbuilt  from PVC pipe, styrene, brass stock, and detail parts from Ozark Miniatures and Trackside Details. I just added wood pilots front and rear with pocket couplers, push pole pockets, steps and a bit more piping. I also shortened the coupler shanks and added a bit of weathering.

Here it is with my bashed Bachmann bobber and a just finished scratch built water tank -

-Brian
President of

Lee Carlson

It's just amazing what one sees on here.  Some of these
people are real artists.  That Dunkirk is teriffic.

Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

Paul W.

Brian,
I'm so glad you posted the finished pics. You have really done a super job on this project, and it looks GREAT!
Can't wait to see what you build next.....
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Jim Banner

WOW!!  After seeing your great model, I just had to go and read up on the Dunkirk.  Thank you for posting the photos.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Steve Stockham

Yes, an excellent model! very nice indeed! ;D

tiny

Very nice work, Thank's for the fotos,.....   
DIRECTOR OF IMPORTANT STUFF

calenelson

Brian

Great Job....Really like how it finished out..the shorter shank looks nice too!

cale

altterrain

Thanks guys. The Dunkirk as under gone one more modification. It is now sporting a plug to hook up with its RCS (Basic 2 system) equipped battery/RC trailer car. I have had a chance to run it twice with this set up now. I am getting better that 3 hours of run time with a 14.4v 2.3Ah Nimh battery pack. Here are some pics of todays run with the Dunkirk pulling a string of 1:22.5 and 1:24 freight box cars and reefer.

-Brian

President of

calenelson

Brian that looks Great~~~ :o

Now we just need to figure a time for you to come down and help me figure out a water feature....you could bring the trains and we could work and run....

just kiddin,

but again, nice job

cale

traindude109

Great looking loco and nice photos! Thanks for posting!
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)